Chapter Four:Memories & Emotions

Depuis le début

The TV showed what was once a pawnshop which was now a pile of burnt rubble. It then showed the blood drawing of a crow from the murder crime scene. Touka felt her blood run cold. Luckily they hadn't recognized Y/N as the infamous ghoul from the US and for now thought he was a potential serial killer. Or even a vigilante since he took out a wanted criminal. She couldn't help but still feel worried.

"Big sis are you alright?" Hinami questioned."Yeah just a little tired. Don't be worried about me you little dork." Touka said as she ruffled her hair. The woman wondered what he was up to. Was he thinking about her as well? She just wanted him to make it back to her. She didn't know what she'd do if she lost him. Touka couldn't lose him. If he died she saw no point in living.

"What do you say you and I go to a bookstore?" Hinami's eyes lit up in excitement."Really?! Can we?!" She squealed."Yes now go get ready. We'll leave in a half hour." As the girl went to get dressed Touka entered the work office she shared with Y/N. Somberly she grabbed her fiancé's favorite book off one of the many shelves. There was a bookmark set on a page. Carefully as to not lose the page she flipped to it.

The bookmark was a photo of the two of them. Y/N had kissed her cheek as he took a photo causing her to blush. She laughed a little remembering that day. They had gone on one of their first dates as a couple on Valentine's Day.
————————————————————————
(Flashback)
————————————————————————
The couple walked back to what was at the time their shared apartment."I had fun tonight. We should go to more arcades for dates." Touka said as she walked hand in hand with her boyfriend."What so I can beat you in every game we play again?" He said earning a punch to his arm."Ow I'm just joking." He exclaimed laughing a little."Whatever. Well thanks for the fun Valentine's Day."

"Your welcome Touka but it's not finished just yet." Y/N smirked a little."Why is there something we're gonna do?" His girlfriend questioned."You'll just have to wait till we get back to the apartment." Touka rolled her eyes impatiently. The two continued with their walk before finally arriving at their front door."Okay close your eyes and keep them shut tight until I say open."

The woman nodded before doing so. Y/N guided her into the apartment and to their bedroom."Okay now open." She uncovered her eyes to see a big rabbit plushie nearly the size of her on their bed with a bow atop it."Happy Valentine's Day. Isn't that the one you wanted?" Touka threw herself on the giant plushie and laughed happily."Yes! I've wanted this one for so long! Thank you thank you!"

Y/N plopped down next to her with his Pentax K1000 camera."Touka look at the camera." He told her and she did so. As soon as she did he placed a kiss on her cheek before quickly snapping a photo."W-What was that for?" She asked as she rubbed the spot where he kissed with a heavy blush."I wanted to get my own Valentine's Day gift." He said as he set the camera aside.

"Oh and I have one last surprise but it's for the both of us." He got up and led the lady to their living room couch."Sit here I'm gonna go get it." Only a minute later he came back with two bottles of blood wine."So what do you say we kick back and have a few drinks?" Y/N asked with what she thought was a rather seductive smile."S-Sure." Sitting the two bottles down he went and grabbed two glasses.

Without another second to waist he opened one of the bottles and poured them glasses. The couple would proceed to drink and chat over the period of an hour. Y/N handled his alcohol fairly well as for Touka, she was a bit of a lightweight."Okay I'm gonna go use the restroom." The male ghoul spoke and got up. After he finished up in the bathroom he walked back over to the couch to find Touka asleep.

He laughed before gently scooping her up."Oi who a-are you?" She drunkenly asked."You know I h-have a boyfriend and he wouldn't appreciate y-y-you touching me." Y/N laughed a little."Oh yeah? What's your boyfriend like?" He asked."He's r-really tall and handsome and super nice!" She loudly exclaimed. Gently he put her on their bed."Touka I am Y/N." She sat up and squinted her eyes looking at him.