୨୧ | 02: Lingering memories of the Past | ✩࿐

"Diluc, run faster! We need to get home before we completely get soaked from the rain!" A young boy, named Kaeya, yelled as the rain starts to pour.

"Okay, wait!" Diluc replied to his adopted brother, he used his coat to at least cover the shivering cat in his arms whom he saved earlier this afternoon.

"Are you seriously going to bring the cat too?" 

"Yes!" Diluc replied, "We'll get you a new home okay?" He softly whispered to the cat.

The brothers were on Dawn Winery's entrance, shivering and soaked loud thunderous sounds can be heard as if to say that the downpour won't stop by any minute yet

"Meow..." Y/n shivered, Diluc hugged the cat closer to warm her up while Kaeya pounded on the door.

"Miss Adelinde, open up please!" Kaeya continued to knock loudly on the door. Soon the door swung open, revealing their head maid with warm fluffy towels.

"Dear Archons, you boys are soaked, Come inside, quickly, quickly! I will prepare hot baths for you." Adelinde ushered the boys to come inside their home. Crepus was sitting quietly by the fireplace while reading a book. He looked up to acknowledge his sons with a warm smile that seem to make the atmosphere warmer.

Y/n mewled loudly while Diluc scratched her ears. Crepus' laugh boomed across the hall, he truly finds the cat amusing.

"I see you brought a guest, eh?" He stood up, ruffling young Diluc's damp hair earning a playful groan from the latter.

"We found 'er on the way home. She got attacked by some hilichurls. Pretty weird to find a cat in the forest, quite peculiar she is, don't you guys think?" Kaeya grinned a bit seeing his brother clutch the cat tighter, but, of course not too tight to suffocate the poor feline.

"Dad, can we please keep her...?" Diluc anticipatedly looked at his father who rose a brow at him.

"Promise I'll take good care of her!" The younger Ragnvindr did a bit of puppy eyes to work the magic.

'Please say yes, please say yes-!'

Crepus finally gave in and sighed, "Alright, alright you can keep her, and it's your responsibility to take good care of her. Do I make myself clear?"

'Yes!!' Diluc internally did a happy dance to himself.

"Yes, Dad! I will thank you!!"

"Whatcha gonna call the cat though?" Kaeya asked, peeking at his brother's shoulder to take a good look on the cat. She has big e/c eyes that shone curiously.

'She's so cute.' the blue-haired male awed quietly.

"...Dawn... I wanna call her Dawn." Diluc smiled softly at the cat who purred in delight.

"Well then, Dawn welcome to the family!" Crepus softly patted her head. His hand was heavy and calloused but his actions towards her ensured her that she is in good hands.