Chapter 42: It Started Out As A Good Day

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

She shrugged and continued to smile at him. "I'm just happy to see you getting back to your old self."

"Wouldn't be possible without you," he murmured.

Taking her hands in his, he bent down and placed a long, slow kiss on her lips. When they broke apart, he whispered, "We still have some time to ourselves before the kids get here."

Molly enjoyed nothing more than making love with her husband. It was rare for her to refuse him, but this was one of those times. Knowing full well the house was filled with people waiting on the other side of the swinging door, she tried to make an excuse by saying she needed to start on dinner.

"C'mon." Arthur kissed her neck and loosely wrapped his arms around her waist. "It won't hurt if dinner is a few minutes behind."

"No, Arthur, I need to get started," she said as he continued to slowly trail kisses down her neck and along her collarbone. "Besides, I surprised you with morning sex today, so I think you can wait a few more hours." Her heart beat faster despite her protests. Placing her hands on his broad shoulders, she tried again but with less conviction. "We can do this later."

Her protests died down, though, as his hands slipped beneath her blouse and roamed her body. She tilted her head to give him easier access to kiss and occasionally gently nip at her soft skin, promising herself she would let him have his fun (while enjoying it herself as well) but stop him before things progressed too far.

After a few minutes, one of his hands slowly moved along the contours of her body to rest on her breast beneath her bra while the other traveled south to grip her buttock. Before he could begin massaging her breast, she applied a gentle pressure against his shoulders in preparation to tell him to stop. As if sensing this, he pulled his head back, but kept his face mere inches away from hers. A mischievous glint lit his vibrant, blue eyes. He poised his thumb and forefinger on either side of her erect nipple. With a smirk, he raised a single eyebrow.

She knew she ought to tell him now before she lost control of herself and completely gave into him. Instead, she decided to play his little game. Lips in a straight line, she raised an eyebrow of her own, silently daring him.

Accepting the dare, he pinched her nipple and rolled it between his thumb and forefinger. Her breath hitched in her throat and a flush crept up her cheeks while butterflies made their home in her stomach. A gentle tug elicited a soft gasp and caused her eyes to close in pleasure. At her reaction, his smirk turned into his usual lopsided grin.

"We can't," she managed to say when he let go, her voice husky.

His brows knit together, and his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. "And why is that?" he whispered.

She opened her mouth, ready to tell him...but she couldn't come up with an answer. A crease formed between her eyebrows as she shut her mouth. Using extreme effort to think on this, she pressed her lips into a thin line, the corners somewhat downturned. For the life of her, she could not remember why they couldn't, but she knew there was a reason.

A broad smile spread across Arthur's face. The corners of his eyes crinkled. "Merlin, I love getting you flustered," he mumbled before kissing her on the lips, both hands sliding back to her hips as he did so. She draped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss more passionately.

After a few seconds, she pulled away. "There's a very good reason why we can't," she said breathlessly.

"Must not have been that important if you can't remember."

He began planting soft kisses along her jawline, causing her head to tilt to the side the further back he got.

"Arthur..." she weakly protested one last time.