f i v e ✿ moment of truth - fm static

Börja om från början

*

Since that day, I usually go to my locker a bit early. I usually tell Michael and Calum I have the need to study. I don't know, but they buy that excuse all the time, or they're just waiting for the time I'll admit it to them. Ashton leaves us earlier since he's a year ahead of us.

And there she is, grabbing her stuff from her own locker, which is 2 doors to the right of mine. And it gives me a million reasons to just sit across the lockers, and stare at her.

But this day was different, as she turned around, and smiled at me.

Am I dreaming?

Am I asleep?

Am I awake?

DID SHE SERIOUSLY SMILE AT ME?

Fuck this, Hemmings. You've gotten yourself a crush.

*

"And yeah, probably, we're going to join the annual battle of the bands, I mean from what I've heard, it's a big thing for them, and usually, a couple of those we call 'high authorities' are there and would probably check bands that would be worth a record for- Luke, are you even listening?"

I was startled by Michael calling my name. I was looking at her eating with her friends, and I got so carried away and I do not know. Can't I just stop panicking right now?

"Y-yeah, I guess?" I answered and took large gulps from my drink. I'm not sweating so hard, fuck.

"Are you checking out my sister, Hemmings?" Ashton asked, which caused me to choke on my own drink. Holy fuck. Is she Irwin's sister?

"What?" I asked the moment I recovered.

"Christine. That girl."

That's when I knew I'm in big big trouble.

*

I went to Trigonometry class the next day, feeling down. I am crushing on my mate's sister and it is an unspoken rule between the 4 of us not to date any of each one's siblings. I mean, we're not dating yet, but oh my god, I am crushing on Christine Joy Irwin, and I couldn't help it.

Should I see someone else now? But if I go now, I probably wouldn't know the answer. Fuck this life.

My mind was drifting with thoughts of her, and all my doubts, when I realized a number of people were coming in our room.

Fuck. It's her class.

But why?

"Again, they'll be merging with our class since their professor is on Maternity leave, I hope you make friends with each of them. And yes, you could go sit now."

Holy fucking shit. This is not real. We're going to be classmates for the rest of the semester and there are a couple of vacant seats near me. Oh my fuck. She's not making her way towards me. No.

"Uhm, I hope, nobody sits here," she asked me. That fucking voice.

"Y-yeah, no one. Y-you could go sit, yeah," I stuttered. Fuck this, Hemmings stop stuttering.

I couldn't stand up when the class was dismissed. I still have 45 minutes 'til my next class but I don't think my legs would be stable enough by then.