Chpt. 01: Winter Winds Flow

"What a disgrace, I don't have a son who is worthless and nothing but pure shit."
"I should have left you to rot when I had the chance, and now here I am dealing with your sorry ass."
"Why are you my brother, you are like a big pest in this world, I hope you could for all I care."

Such hurtful words came from people, but the worst part was they all came from my family, if they hate me so much why did they let me stay, why let me live in the first place, I don't understand why. 

I just want to have a normal life, and I want to be the person I want to be, but they won't let me, they would even destroy every bit of hope I have, that's why I chose to run away, escape the bindings of fear that kept me shackled, I don't my fate to end like this, this isn't the way I want my story to end. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A snowy night, cold and freezing as you feel like you are being chilled like frozen meat. It's the stormy part of winter, it's no different from the rain, the difference is only being part of Earth's four seasons. Everyone is cheering at their homes as they celebrate the upcoming Christmas, houses covered in ice as the road covered in thick white fluffy snow, you could see liveliness inside the shining lights from the windows of homes. 

A certain house has a very lively family, in the window, it revealed three people, A yellow-haired man, and green-haired woman, and a green-haired girl that's roughly a teenager. Enjoying their food cooked by the woman, happily eating and chatting, we see a lonely light in the basement, behind it, was a  black-haired boy with a Xanadu(greyish-green) colored eyes, full of scars, using old clothes and also cooking from a small camping stove with an old frying pan. 

He looks the same as the girl with the family upstairs, but the vibrancy and blandness dictate their differences. Happy and colorful, but for him, it's more of a simple, yet sad one.

"This would be the last food I will eat in this so-called home," He said as he finished cooking, very perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, only using a reused wooden spoon, some sneaked ingredients like a half dozen eggs, some leftover butter, and simple seasoning. He then prepared it into a toasted bread made from an old toaster. He then reached to the side of the toaster, as there's an old electric kettle now boiling. He then poured it into an old mug and he poured the cocoa powder in it, boiling another set of water from the basement bathroom.

"Well, I guess this will be my winter food. Itadakimasu(Thanks for the Food)," 

He put his palms together and then started eating the hot sandwich he made. He then looked at the basement window as he chew, feeling very conflicted about his decision. 

"Could I really survive the storm with only the things I have in here?" He asked himself as he looked at the things in the basement with him. It revealed the things he used to make his food and drink, a box of old coats that eroded because of time not being used, old shoes, old backpacks, and a thermos to hold drinks that can retain heat or cold.

"No, now is not the time to be scared, I don't care if I won't survive the cold, as long as I escape, I can find peace, I'm sick and tired of this pain and suffering," He said as he finished his food, he then drink his cocoa and thanked for the food.

He then prepared the things that he needs for the escape, some thick clothes, a flashlight, some extra food and leftover money, a thermos full of hot water, bandages, and put them inside an old yellow bag. He then turned off the light so they would think he is asleep.

"Time to open the basement window," He said as he forcefully opened the unused window, jammed throughout time, and filled with snow and frost. It took him everything to open a simple window, his hands are swollen and in pain, as he forced it open, cold air entered the basement, a chilling breeze touched his skin and pull shivers in his spine.