The Invitation

Depuis le début

"What? Liana, I need your help!" I screamed throughout the house, my voice echoing and bouncing off the walls.
"With what?" She shot back.
"With understanding this! I can't read cursive." I mumbled the last part as I held up a slim piece of paper.
"What was that?!" She yelled form upstairs.
"Just come down here!"
"I don't want to, I'm doing my hair!"
"You can do that later, get down here."
"Fine but I swear if it's another confetti canyon then I'm going to kill you."
"It's not a confetti canon."
"That's what you said last time!"
"Can you just come down here?"
"I'm coming!"

It had taken about 2 million years for my sister to reach the kitchen and I threw the paper at her. Surprisingly, she caught it. "Nice catch." I nodded, popping a carrot into my mouth. A baby carrot.
"Thanks." She replied before tearing it open. "It says you should be nice to your sister and do what she says."
"No way, really? Who would right that?" I ask, running over to the other side of the kitchen and looking over her shoulder.
"No doofus, it doesn't say that. Back up, you're practically breathing on me."
I rolled my eyes as I backed away to grab an apple. "Umm, Jentzen?"
"What, Liana?" I sighed.
"Don't what Liana me. Did you know you're going to compete in a game?"
"What?"

Elliana's POV:

"Ugh, what is this garbage?" I mumbled to myself as I picked out a yellow envelope from my mailbox

"Ugh, what is this garbage?" I mumbled to myself as I picked out a yellow envelope from my mailbox. "It's a disgusting colour." I added before walking back inside. "Alright, let's see what's in it." I tore open the paper to reveal a folded up note. "Ooo, what if it's from Jentzen?" I began to read the crumpled piece of paper before my eyes went wide at the words printed in bold on the page. "Tell No One." What was that supposed to mean? And why was I being sent here? And there's someone coming to pick me up tonight?! I need to get ready! I ran to my room and shoved things into a briefcase. I wanted to call my boyfriend, I really did. But the letter told me not to but who cares about a stupid letter? It doesn't control what I do.

After a while, I made up my mind and sooner rather than later, I was calling Jentzen.
"Jentzen!" I screamed. "I got this weird letter in the mail in a yellow envelope saying I'm being sent somewhere, did you get one?"
"What? No. Elliana, are you losing your mind?"
"What? How could you think that? Of course not. Fine, maybe I wanna go. Bye." I hung up before another word was spoken and ferociously shoved things in my suitcase. If he wanted me gone, then I was going to be gone.

Emily's POV:

I was watching Netflix in my living room when suddenly there was a knock at my door

I was watching Netflix in my living room when suddenly there was a knock at my door. I paused the show, Riverdale, and walked down the hall to open the door. I looked around outside. There wasn't anyone there but in the centre of the street lay a car. The engine was running but the windows were tinted. It was a limo and pure black. A black car? In this heat?
"Can I help you?!" I screamed but nothing changed. "Hello!" I screamed again. Eventually, I walked up to the car and knocked on the window. To my surprise, the window rolled down.
"Are you getting in?" An old man asked, sitting in the drivers seat. "Did you get the letter? It was in the mail."
"What letter?" I asked. He pointed behind me and back at my front door. In front of it lay a small yellow envelope and I ran to pick it up, examining it before tearing it open and reading. WHAT, how did I not see this before?!

Jenna's POV:

Another day, another Monday

Another day, another Monday. What am I doing? Nothing. I am literally surfing the internet. Instagram to be exact. Although, there's nothing. Jentzen posted and that's about it but if you ask me, that's not exciting. I was ready for some spice to come into my life but I'm at University. Yup, I moved. I share a dorm room with someone else, a girl named Olivia. She liked to party and does very well in school. Yeah, University is fun but I would rather be home with my friends in LA. I'm in Colorado right now. I miss home. I don't have a class right now but Olivia does so she's gone. I'm sitting on the couch in our tiny living room that has a kitchen attached, staring at the blank wall in front of me. Eventually, I gathered the energy to go grab my computer and I opened it up to check any emails coming in. There were two. I opened the first one and a yellow envelope filled my screen. I pressed on it. I read it. Next thing I knew, I was being driven somewhere. I don't know where but somewhere and I didn't have my phone. I was in a black limo. That, I knew for sure.