He tightens his jaw.

"If you're worried about us, we'll be fine. We'll figure out a way to get out of here."

"We have to get the money from Niall," he finally agrees while remembering how we left it in Niall's office.

I then smile at him. "Where should we meet Zayn then?"

"I have an idea—" But before he can share it with me, our heads turn to the sound of the main door opening. From the top of the stairs, I hear talk and footsteps.

Quickly, I stand up when I recognize the sound of my dad's voice.

"So, you're telling me an entire community is practically under a bar?" My dad asks as he makes his way down the stairs.

"Yes, Doc," Paco says right behind him with two other Angelos I don't recall the names of.

I then see him. My dad in comfortable clothing rather than his work attire stands at the very bottom of the staircase. He pushes at the bridge of his glasses when he sees me. "Sunshine," he says and it's what encourages me to run to him.

I never liked his pet names, but I've never felt so happy to hear them in person. "Dad!" I say the moment I hug him.

After dropping his bags at his feet, he hugs me back tightly. He even lifts me. "How are you?"

"Better now that you're here," I say to him and smile when he puts me down.

Paco then says beside me, "The ride back was clear. We had no one tail us. We made sure of it."

"Thank you, Paco."

"We're going to go tell Eileen."

I nod as I watch the Angelos leave to find Eileen. I then turn back to my dad who looks around in amusement. He takes in the vast space and probably wonders the same things I wondered when I first saw this place.

"Dad? You remember Harry, right?" I ask him, taking his hand to lead him to where Harry stands.

He stops looking around to look ahead. "Of course, I do." He then lets go of my hand to offer Harry a handshake. "How are you, son?"

Harry shakes his hand while I look around to make sure no one else can overhear us. "Only thing is, to everyone else in here, he's Alex," I inform my dad, not giving Harry the time to respond.

As my dad's hand falls from Harry's, he looks at both of us. "Let me guess, long story?"

"Not really other than they don't know I was an Inferno," says Harry, taking a seat again.

My dad heaves a sigh, inviting himself to take a seat as well. He sits next to me on the metal bench. "Look, your mother told me everything about her past and your grandpa. All she wanted was to protect you from it, but it's clear that maybe we should've been honest with you from the beginning."

I tuck my right ankle underneath my left thigh above the bench. Sliding my hands above the table, I look at my dad. "Yeah," I agree, but there's no need to resent them for not telling me. "Thank you for coming, Dad. To be honest, I didn't think you would because of work and..."

"Sunshine." He reaches for my hands to hold. "I love your mother so much and I've been worried sick about her. I also love you so much. That's why I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

"That makes me so happy to hear," I admit, turning my hand over to give a light squeeze. "I promise you we're going to find Mom."

"She's such a strong woman. Smart, too. I have no doubt in my mind that she's fighting to stay alive right now. It's the only reason why I think I'm calm." He smiles to himself. "When I met her, we didn't exactly start on the right foot."