one.

EL AMOR TODO LO PUEDE.
(love can do anything.)

_______________

HE CLASPED ON PROFOUNDLY onto the wrinkled letters in hand, staring off into space.

his dear mother; unaware of who she actually was, aside from being the heir of the previous master of lightning, never knew how mesmerizing her writing was.

but even someone oblivious would notice the slight alterations in her writing; almost lifeless.

unfortunately, he found himself in a continuous maze of unquestionable answers leading him to his short filled demise.

this hasn't told him anything about his parents' decision towards leaving him nor does it cover the fact why lying seems to be the easier option in this situation.

he was lied to for so many years; so many years beneath his nose stored away from him.

when jay wanted to know why he felt almost forced to content with himself, so out of place from his parents, he didn't think his elderly parents were never actually his biological parents.

and for a moment, jay; the master of lightning, the mouth of lightning, was at a loss for words.

the silence brought him to his knees, incarcerated under the quietness.

jay could still hear the beguiling voice, "YOUR WISH IS YOURS TO KEEP," as the djinn had granted what the boy desired most; to impress the girl he fallen for, and fortune.

but what exactly was his to keep?

the trauma he endured imprisoned aboard misfortunes keep for months, waiting hopelessly for someone to rescue him? or that silky-voiced-seducer's desperation run thin, waiting for jay to 'wish it away'?

the buried treasure hidden beneath the pirates, the mouse between the trap, the lemon freshly squeezed in tall pitcher — jay became the victim beneath the djinn.

the devil with a deal to bargain for every 'i wish.'

"I WISH IT ALL AWAY!" they screamed, as their most penniless desires opposed against them into a nightmare within seconds.

he wondered across his room, thinking of any possibilities, anything that could possibly bring him closer towards a reasoning why either one abandoned him in a junkyard on the front doorsteps of an elderly couple's trailer located outside of Ninjago City, known as The Sea of Sand.

master wu — SON OF THE FIRST SPINJITZU MASTER wasnt any guidance unfortunately towards finding the answers he was looking for.

he may have lived through much of ninjago's history, he could not remember a considerable amount about the previous master of lightning; well, aside from her role in the Serpentine War.

he asked if there were possibly any pictures, any belongings, anything she had possessed before his mother disappeared and to his surprise, there was.

jay looked astonished — while visiting his father's mansion, there weren't the slightest photos nor a trace of his mother hanged on any walls in the bedrooms or behind any photo frames, only photos of random women between the framing of his variety mirror.

amongst the photo were two familiar younger faces jay identified as Ray and Maya; the previous elemental masters of fire and water.

Kai and Nya's parents, standing proudly amongst the previous elemental masters, and beside their mother was a brightly blonde-headed woman dressed in blue.