The Monkey and the Giant

Once upon a time there lived in the forest a monkey who usually climbed from one tree to another along the vine. But not far from the forest lived a tremendous giant.

One day the giant accidentally passed by the monkey's land. "Good morning old friend." Said the monkey, "What a happy day is this?"

The giant replied, "Good morning. My old friend, what are you doing there?"

The monkey replied, "I am getting vines to protect me from the blowing of the wind. There will be a storm. Perhaps you will do the same."

The giant being frightened at the words of the monkey; said kindly, "Please tied me to this big tree. Will you not do it?"

The monkey said, "Oh, yes I will do it for you."
So the monkey got plenty of vines and rotten and tied the giant to the tree very tightly. The monkey knowing the giant was unable to get out, immediately gave him a whip.

That was so strong that he broke the cord. But just as he got out, the monkey escaped from him from the nest of the bees.

Finally, the giant found the monkey and said, "This is the end of your life."

"Oh, I shall live longer than you.", said the monkey. "I am very powerful now. Do you know that I am the guard of this house?"

The monkey was frightened, he struck the bee's nest and run away, leaving the giant alone who stung very badly and went dawn to the river to was himself.

There he found the monkey sitting quietly by the sleeping crocodile, with it's mouth wide open.

When the giant was too close, the monkey said, "Do not disturb the king sleeping in the room. I am now chosen to guard the room." [mouth of the crocodile].

The giant eagerly asked the monkey to let him go in to see the beautiful room. At last the monkey consented. At first the giant put his head in and the monkey gave him a push, thus awakening the crocodile, which immediately swallowed him and this was the end of the crocodile.