"Oh, you finally stopped reading. I'm Hermione Granger and that's Neville Longbottom." She had a bossy sort of voice and Y/N noticed her rather large front teeth. Neville just waved a shy hand at Y/N.

"I'm Y/N Wyllt," Y/N replied, a smile appearing on his face. Hermione and Neville seemed to be shocked by his accent because they started questioning it (Hermione did, Neville just stayed quiet in the corner).

"Are you American? You sound like one and did you say Wyllt? As in Myrddin Wyllt, more commonly known as Merlin?" She questioned everything and it was making Y/N's brain overload from the questions. Luckily, he kept calm and answered everything.

"Yes, I'm American. Merlin is my ancestor and since he studied at Hogwarts, everybody in my family tree studied there."

Y/N took note of Hermione's fascinated look but noticed Neville staring at P/N.

"Hey Neville, is something wrong?" Y/N asked, breaking the connection between Neville and P/N.

"Oh, nothing but your pet. What is it?" Neville questioned, having a curious look on his face.

"It's a Jackalope, her name is P/N. Dumbledore allowed me to bring her." Y/N replied, opening P/N's cage and dumping some wolf meat inside before closing it once more.

"That's way cooler than Trevor..." Neville replied gloomily.

"Who's Trevor?" asked Hermione.

"My pet toad. Let me show you. Wait, where's Trevor? I swore I put him in my pocket after I found him!" Neville frantically searched the compartment. Y/N and Hermione decided to help him and they went to every compartment, asking the students if they found a toad.

"It's no use if we stick together, let's split up. Neville, you search the front. Hermione, you search the back. I'll search the middle." Y/N instructed. The two nodded their heads before going their separate ways.

Y/N asked again and again but still no use. He was getting nearer to the back part of the train. Much to Y/N's disappointment, nobody saw Trevor. Neville didn't find Trevor in the front either, they decided to find Hermione and stick with her.

"Hermione, any luck on finding Trevor?" Y/N called out to Hermione, Neville trailing behind him. Hermione shook her head which made Neville look more stressed.

"This is the last for me." She opened the door to reveal a red-haired boy whom he didn't recognise and Harry.

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," Hermione said. Y/N was leaning against the door frame, revealing Neville standing in the middle.

"We've already told him we haven't seen it," said the red-haired boy but Hermione wasn't listening, she was looking at the wand in his hand.

"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then." She sat down on the seat opposite of them. Y/N and Neville followed and they sat next to her. The boy looked taken aback.

"Er- all right. Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow." He waved his wand but nothing happened. The rat stayed grey and fast asleep.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter but I was ever so pleased, of course. I mean, it's the best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course. I just hope it will be enough- I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?" said Hermione very fast.

"I'm Ron Weasley," Ron muttered.

"Harry Potter," said Harry.

"Are you? I know all about you, of course — I got a few extra books, for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century," said Hermione.