Barely Breathing

Last easy chapter to write in this book. Last semi-happy chapter for a while. Now on, I shall have a lot of sadness. Video on the side is obvious why I picked it because of the title of the chapter. I hope you enjoy :)

OCCDgal4life

Finn walked into school the next day, watching out for Kurt. They needed to go over the song quick before the Glee room got crowded. And he had to tell Mr. Schue about him and Kurt going first today. He saw Kurt over by his locker, staring off into the distance, somewhere behind Finn. Finn looked behind him, and saw where Kurt was staring at. Right behind Finn, Blaine and Sebastian must've walked into the school, because they were by the doors, and were having a heavy make out session. Finn knew then that he had to get Kurt away from them, before he went into an even deeper depression than the one he was in right then.

“Kurt, come on, so we can speak to Mr. Schue,” Finn said, taking Kurt by the hand and leading him to the choir room. Finn felt a thrill at holding Kurt’s hand, there was just something about the shorter boy that he found enthralling. He wasn’t sure exactly what it was, but he knew he liked Kurt as more than a friend. He just wished that Kurt would stop staring at Blaine long enough for him to see how Finn felt about him. There were many times when Finn would just stare at Kurt, imagining them in situations that, had Finn been imagining them with anyone else, he would find a little awkward. But, when it was with Kurt he didn’t find them awkward, no, they were beautiful pictures he painted in his mind.

But, Finn knew that Kurt would never like him again. No, it seemed like the only person Kurt would ever like was Blaine, what with how he stared at him every second he could. Finn wished Kurt would start looking at him like that. But, he knew he had messed up, maybe if he had never called Kurt a faggot, then maybe Kurt would still like him. But, no matter how much he wished he could take it back, he knew he couldn’t. And that was causing him pain. So much pain, too much pain, just a lot of pain coursing through his body. Finn hated the pain. It was the worst part of his day, and yet it was the best part of the day, because the pain only came when he saw Kurt. It never came any other time, just when he was with Kurt. His Kurt, and soon Kurt would know, because Finn was planning on telling Kurt just how he felt. Actually, the song should say it all. Finn had never even heard of the song Barely Breathing until Kurt had mentioned it, and yet it was exactly how he felt. Especially after the first chorus:

Everyone keeps asking

What’s it all about

I used to be so certain

And I can’t figure out

What is this attraction

I only feel the pain

There’s nothing left to reason

And only you to blame

Will it ever change?

It described him, Kurt, and Rachel perfectly. Everyone did keep asking what was going on between Rachel and him, or him and Kurt. And, he did use to be certain that he liked Rachel, but now he wasn’t sure anymore. Especially when it came to his feelings about Kurt, those he did not understand at all. And he didn’t know what his attraction to Kurt was, because he normally felt pain when he was around him. There wasn’t anything at all to reason, and he blamed it all on Rachel. And he had absolutely no way to know if anything would ever change. Therefore, the song was absolutely perfect for his life right now.

Finn led Kurt to the Glee room, where Mr. Schue was getting that day’s lesson ready.

“Hey, Mr. Schue,” Finn said to the History teacher.