CHAPTER 5 : INTO THE UNKNOWN

Start from the beginning

Despite the situation I was in, I couldn't help but grin smugly at the sight. I guess another one of my mission entrusted by Binoy Uncle is complete...

Turning back happily, I notice Manaal eyeing daggers at the couple. Seriously, if only looks could kill...

Oh wait a minute. It's them! It's them and they are fine! Well, more than fine... but that isn't the point Tapas!

I scrunched my eyes shut. Concentrate, will you?!

I looked back at Manaal and realize we're on the same page. They are fine. That means their plan flopped. And that's probably why her hold on me loosened for a second but this time, I was conscious. And as though fate was on our side, I saw Barrister babu swooping down and taking up what looked like... my watch! It might have fell off during our tussle. Barrister babu and Senior knows that watch. They are the ones who gifted me it. A smug smile crept up my lips.

It was three against one!

  Anirudh's p.o.v

It was as though the air was knocked out of her. She blinked a thousand times in incomprehension, her chest heaving and falling rhythmically with all the tussle we went through. When the words left me, I felt like a huge burden was off my shoulders. And probably that's why I felt calm and strong – unlike the daze I was in seconds ago. The adrenaline left me and I realize what kind of a situation I've created. But I don't regret it. Never will I regret it. Though she isn't responding yet, I know I've just given her the happiest moment of her life. And probably one of the happiest one of mine too...

Earth to, Anirudh Roy Chowdhary.

I can hear the freak in white chiming inside me. I ignored him and slowly moved my right hand to her pale cheek, caressing it as though it is the most precious thing on earth. Well, it is for me.

"Bondita... Tumhe yakeen nahi ho raha hai na? Aur bolun mein? Kitni baar bolun? Sau? Hazaar? Lakh? Ya phir chillaun? Taki Krishna Nagar ya paas wala gaav hi nahi balki poori duniya sun le?" I laughed to the sky.

"I... love.. you... Bonditaaa..." I shouted my tonsils out.

My eyes fell back to her black orbs and she's still staring at me impassively.

"I love you Bondita. Mujhe tumse pyaar hogaya hai. Haan, mein apni Patni se pyaar karta hoon" I laughed again "Kitna ajeeb lag raha hai na? Ek Pati shaadi ke saalon baad keh raha hai ki woh apni Patni se pyaar karta hai. Lekin humara rishta hi kuch aisa hai ki... khair, woh sab ab mayne nahi rakhte. Agar kuch mayne rakhte hai toh woh hai mein, tum aur humara pyaar... humara pyaar bhari rishta. Hai na Bondita?" I chuckled "Tum kuch bol kyun nahi rahi? Itna chauk diya meine tumhe? Itna ki bina kisi baat ke muh chalane wali meri Bondita chup ho gayi? Wah... Agar mujhe pata hota ki mein sirf char shabdon se tumhara bakbak khatam kar -"

I couldn't complete the sentence because Bondita has swung herself over me, enveloping me in a bone crushing hug. I laughed yet again.

You've been doing that far too much for my liking. Barrister Anirudh pointed out.

Care to make a psychiatrist appointment?  The freak in white wriggled his brows.

Care to shut up that useless mouth? I hissed at both internally, hugging back Bondita tightly.

When she pulled back, her eyes were glistering with tears. I sighed and wiped them off slowly. Noticing how my touch elicited a shudder from her. She leaned into my caress and we just stared at each other for the rest of the time, lost in each other's eyes and forgetting the count of time. When I finally found myself pulling out of the stupor, I realize its hours past sunset. It's late. Bondita and I are facing the river, sitting on the ground in silence doing nothing but gazing at the scarlet drenched sky. She has her head on my shoulder and an arm around mine. I've no idea when and how we switched into this position but do I even care?