Chapter 1

A/N: I have not proofread any of this, so comment any errors or confusing points that you need me to redo! Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It was the usual day for the small oni. Find food without beans so the old woman didn't have to cook for him, and just try to get by as much as he could without her help. After the death of both parents, the red oni was forced to live on the streets all alone. Ever since then, he's been hunted and attacked by those who feared him and his kind, yelling things like "Go away you foul oni!" "You monster! Leave our village!" Things like that. Sadly, he gotten used to their yells and curses, nit caring in the slightest. After all, he hated them just as much as they hated him. I mean, what kind of person tries to harm a child anyways?

   It was a normal afternoon for the oni on one of the streets in Inazuma's many villages as he tries to find food for the day, running by different stalls full of fresh foods, cooked foods, and any other things he could take. The smell of a lot of foods made his stomach rumble, though the smell of certain bean dishes did make him a bit queasy. There was a stall in particular that he saw some grilled unagi that just came off the grill that wasnt near that horrid smell, making his little mouth water in delight nor queasy. Without even thinking, the red oni made his way over to the stall and snuck into the kitchen silently. There wasn't anyone around at the time since the shop owner seemed to be talking with some other humans. Once inside, he quickly grabs a clean cloth that was out and puts the fillet inside and cheered silently at his success. He could make do with this for the night! However, it was short lived when he turned around to see another child around his age looking at him in surprise. He didn't even see them anywhere nearby!

   "You there! What are you doing?" They asked, more so curious than terrified like most people. He scowled at them, thinking they were like the usual villagers whom would chase him off. "Nothing, now get lost human." Pushing past them, the oni takes off. The small child had let out a shout and ran after him angrily, more so because he pushed pasted them. "Atleast pay for the unagi, stupid!" They cried as they ran after him. They were starting to annoy the oni now.

   "No way! I found it so it's mine!" "But my dad made it and says that people must pay for that!" The two would banter back and forth for a while until an old woman had walked by, smiling softly at them both. "Now now, what's going on here?" The old woman looks at the two, wondering what the children were arguing about. "He took the fish from my dad's stall without paying!" "I found it out first!" They were both trying to speak over the other, making the old woman sigh.

   "Itto dear, you mustn't take from others alright? It's rude, especially from the hard working villagers." The grey haired woman pulls out a small pouch of mora, giving the small child some. "Here, this should cover for the unagi." The old woman says, smiling softly. The small child takes the money and smiled at the old woman. "Thank you miss! Now I'll let you have that fish." 

   The red oni huffed still, annoyed that the old woman had paid for him. He wasn't trying to cause any trouble, but it seems trouble just follows him. Suddenly, his stomach growled loudly, catching the attention of the two humans. "Go ahead and eat the fish stupid, it's already paid for." The child says to him, making the white haired boy frown. "I'm not stupid, idiot! My name is Arataki Itto and you should fear me since I'm an oni!" The child looks at him curiously before noticing his red horns and red marks on his body. "You're an oni? Huh, I thought you'd be…scarier." 

   Itto looked taken aback as the other child chuckled. "Anyways stupid, my name's (f/n) (l/n)! My parents own that stall you took the meat from. But, since I know your name now, come by anytime you need food! I'll tell them it's for my new friend!" Going from annoyed to happy, the small child beamed at Itto. It was a bit overwhelming for another child, let alone a human, be this nice to him. He felt conflicted about this, and kept his distance from them. 

   "Yeah sure. We'll then idiot (f/n) I'll see you later! Me and Granny have to go home!" He walks hastily to the old woman, whom seemed satisfied that he was starting to at least get along with someone from the village, especially since you weren't as rude as the other children who have seen him. "Yes, it's getting late. Be safe on your way home (f/n)." The old woman had started to walk home with the oni as they waved at them both, turning back to the other path on your way back to the food stalls, then on your way home with your parents. On your way back though, you wondered why he wasn't with his parents.