Attack on Umbara

Start bij het begin

"Alright then let's keep moving, we need to claim that ridge!" I yelled to the other troopers. "The others are counting on us!" I had to yell since there was so much blaster fire. We continued the charge, slowly pushing up. The Umbaran cannons blasted into the grounds around us. 

"Don't stray too far! The enemy could have the whole place rigged with traps." Anakin said. 

"Can't even see the enemy!" Fives yelled. 

"Well I guess they earn the name Shadow People!" Tup yelled back. 

More screams filled the air. From both sides. I spun my saber deflecting two blaster bolts back at the enemy. Anakin turned for a second to look at me. He could tell this battle was overwhelming, even for him. I gave him a nod to show him I was fine. 

"We need cover!" Rex yelled.

Suddenly, a tentacle lashed out and grabbed a trooper. More popped out and started picking up more troopers. Then it opened its jaws, a purple glow coming out. It picked up the Arc Trooper Fives. I cut off a tentacle that lashed out for me. The creature opened its mouth and let out a scream. Fives threw a thermal detonator in its jaw. Its mouth closed again, and I sensed a vibration from the floor, and the Sarlaac went still. Its tentacles went limp, and dropped Fives. 

"You alright there?" Asked a clone. 

"Yeah." Fives responded. "Hardcase, right?"

The trooper responded. "That's what they call me." 

We walked on. There was no more blaster fire. We pushed them back. There were still explosions in the distance, and turrets being set up. I took a moment to breathe. Master Windu had put me through a lot of battles and training. And that was still an experience that shook me. I steeled myself. 

"There is no emotion, there is peace."

I heard my masters voice in my head, reminding me of the Jedi Code. 

We stopped beside the others, and Anakin looked through some binoculars.

"Is that Kenobi's battalion?" I asked Anakin. 

"Yeah, they're pushing towards the capital. We'll need to move out as soon as possible."

A trooper ran up to us. When he stopped, he went extremely stiff.

"All platoons have reported in, General." He said.

"Get some rest." Anakin said.

"Thank you sir, I'm fine." He replied, looking straight ahead.

Rex sighed. "General Skywalker gave you an order, Dogma." 

"Of course sir!" He replied, pivoting, and then running back. 

"He's wound tight, but he's loyal." Rex said. We kept staring through the binoculars. Then we heard a scream from a trooper, and then blaster fire. Then we heard the guns of the Umbarans. "Must be an ambush." Rex said. He placed his helmet on, and then sprinted towards the sounds. 

"The enemy has circled behind us, we gotta protect our backs." I told them. I deflected a blaster bolt, and then noticed a robotic spider shocking a trooper. I lifted it up with the Force, and it flew towards my amethyst blade. "Call an air strike on enemy positions." I ordered one of the 187th.

"Let's hope they aren't too busy helping General Kenobi!" Fives said, firing one of his DC-17's into an Umbarans chest, then ducking down for cover.

"There's an opening to our south. We should move all platoons off the ridge in case the air strike overshoots." Rex yelled.