Chapter Twelve

Kagome silently entered the lobby again, her eyes taking in everyone that was here. Out of all the people in this apartment building, it was sad to say how few people were here and alive. She wanted to gauge the people here, not knowing anyone yet. She had seen the looks she had gotten when she used her powers.

They didn't know if they could trust her. They saw her a bit as a non-human from how some of the distrustful and disgusted looks she got from a few of them One, the pudgy short man with a dark aura was one she needed to keep an eye out for.

Something about him just didn't sit well with her about him. He sent her instincts on alert. She knew he was human, but a human that was one she would rather not have any contact with if she could help it.

Glancing away from the man, her eyes went over to the teen she had saved, she was attached to her mother still, as the mother was leaning against the wall, her arms around her daughter as a protective barrier from everyone in the room. Kagome smiled lightly at this. She was glad she had made it in time to save her. If she hadn't been here Kagome knew that the mother would have seen her daughter die. Not something she would wish on anyone.

Kagome snapped her attention back to arguing and looked to see the pudgy man grab a woman and yell again, pushing her to move faster as they go into the small shop. Kagome narrowed her eyes seeing the woman flinch, put her head down, and do as she was told. She had a feeling that mand is going to end up on the wrong end of her temper. This man was a grad A sleazeball from the little interaction she had with him...and from what she has gathered....a wifebeater as well.

She would have to keep her eye on him, if she saw him hit anyone she would retaliate. Kagome wasn't going to take seeing that.

"So, magical girl." Kagome blinked looking to the girl she had run into earlier, Eun-Yu "How do your powers work exactly.."

Kagome gave a hum, "I was born with them, so it comes naturally to me. It is just an extension of my will, you could say." That was somewhat true. It wasn't like she could say she learned because she had fought demons in the past and had to learn how to use her powers on a touch-and-go basis.

"I did grow up on a shrine so that probably helped." It did a bit, she did have training in how to use a bow and arrow before she went to the past because of growing up on the shrine. It had been one less thing she had to learn when she was in Feaurel Era....thankfully.

Kagome felt eyes on her and glanced over to where a boy maybe college age, as glancing at her with a calculating look in his eyes. She frowned before in a hushed voice asked Eun-Yu.

"What is up with him?" She asked, flickering her eyes over to the boy before she put her attention back on the girl.

Eun-Yu looked over to who she was talking about and sighed, giving Kagome an apologetic smile, "That is my brother.....he made the announcement earlier....he can be a bit overprotective...and not trusting." She gave a shrug trying to brush it off.

"..brother...hmm" Kagome muttered, mind flashing to Sesshomaru when she looked at the boy. He had the same calculating and cold look the demon lord was known for. She would defiantly have to keep an eye out for him as well. She had a feeling he wouldn't be against using people to keep himself and from the sounds of it, Eun-Yu, safe. She didn't know him yet but had a feeling he was a 'put himself and those close to him' first before anything else.

For the rest of the night, Kagome watched and listened to everyone around her. Trying to learn how things worked down here and if she thought it was a good idea to stay with this group or not. She trusted Hyun-Su, but didn't know how these people would react to him since he wasn't normal now.