The Snack that Smiles Back

Start from the beginning

Pulling the bag down and relaxing your arms you fell back, having trouble stabilizing your weight. You were starting feel woozy. Usually dabs don't make you feel like this. Your feet were planted on the ground, however your right foot felt like it was floating in midair.

Your eyes darted downward to find the opening to the bag, and that's when you realized why you were off. Why you had a headache, why you were so warm, and why your right foot felt like a goddamn cloud.

You saw red. So much red. There was a pooling of blood on the countertop, your thigh was painted the dark color. Heavy drops of blood fell from your thigh, it dripping down your leg and tickling you in the process. Along with the pool of blood on the counter, one began to form at your feet.

Holy fuck, it was so much blood.

"Whatthefuck." You took a few step back from the counter, back hitting against the island. The gash in your thigh - it was fleshy. Red and pale chunks were visible, an unnatural sight. You looked the counter to find what had done this- the ragged divot in the countertop. The ceramic of the counter was now coated in your blood.

You were so going to need stitches for this.

"I heard someone come in I didn't know it wa-woah." You turned your head to the feminine voice. "Is that fucking blood?" Her eyes went from the counter, to your thigh, to the floor, back up to the thigh and then your face. Ymir's jaw dropped. She was thinking the same thing, thats a lot of blood.

You nodded.

"Is that- holy shit - is that your  fucking blood?"

Another nod, like it wasn't obvious from the gash in your thigh.

 Ymir rushed over to you stopping by the sink to get something to wipe you up. "I'm taking you to the fucking hospital." She spun out a large handful of paper towels and came over to you shoving the paper into your hands. "Press this down on your thigh, really hard."

You did as she said, taking the towels into your own hands and forcefully pressing them into your open wound. It didn't hurt - adrenaline and the dab making your brain unable to actually feel things. You were numb to the pain. 

"Ok, let's go." She started to walk away, expecting you to follow her. Only you couldn't get your legs to work. "Why aren't you moving?" She stopped turning around and looking at you. Panic displayed all over her face.

"I can't get my legs to work." You looked down, hand still pressed the paper towels into your thigh. The paper towels now soggy and red from the amount of blood coming from the wound. You were going to feint from blood loss at this point.

"Uh." Ymir's eyes locked onto the clump of paper towels. Quickly she grabbed a rag from the oven door and rushed over to you once again. This time kneeling in front of you. "This might hurt." She gave you a warning.

"I probably won't feel it." And you didn't. You didn't feel anything on your thigh. Ymir had wrapped the rag around you, tightly knotting it so it wouldn't budge. You didn't feel a thing.

"Okay all good." She stood up. Ymir looked down at your feet, then without even asking you she grabbed your arm and started dragging you out of the house. You feet followed her, working, but only because she was forcing them to move.

Ymir and you rushed out of the house. Once outside, she closed the front door and guided you down the steps into the passenger side of her car. Her hand went to your head and she stuffed you inside after she jarred it open. She went over to her own side getting in and then she started the car, keeping quite calm in the situation. Even though she was internally freaking out.