Newt sat next to her with his arm wrapped around her waist. The boy bit his lip trying to hold back the swearing as his leg started to painfully ache. The girl could notice his uneasiness as his grip had gotten tighter on her waist and he had dropped his head down trying to control it. Rosie extended her free hand caressing the boy's cheek as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

      "It hurts." Newt chocked out with tears forming in his eyes even though he wanted to stay strong for the rest of the group.

     "I know. I know." Rosie spoke softly trying to calm him down kissing his head. The girl couldn't reach his leg and nobody dared to make a move. All of them were scared the cranks were going to find them. They held in the pain they were feeling hoping they'd be safe for the night.

       The group could hear the cranks move farther and farther away. Each minute felt like an hour had passed by. Samadhi took the initiative to stand up from the group making sure there were no cranks nearby. The girl connected with herself to make sure her senses weren't betraying her.

      "Coast's clear." Samadhi announced, "try to stay as quiet as you can. Cranks can sometimes hear from far away."

      Everyone nodded along quickly moving spots as Rosie slid closer to Newt's leg. The girl untied the boy's shoe noticing he had tightened it as much as he could. Rosie looked up for a split second remembering when he had told her that sometimes the tighter the shoe, the harder it is for him to know if the pain is from his accident or the cut access of blood circulation to his foot. He liked it that way though.

       "It's swollen." Rosie stated rolling up the pants up to his knee. The boy shaking his head knowing what Rosie was going to do.

       Newt declined the girl who hadn't even asked him yet. "You don't have to do that, Rosie."

      The girl rolled her eyes knowing her boyfriend was in pain and she could relieve him from some of it. "Relax." Rosie's hand started from the ankle trying her best to be as gentle as she could but putting enough pressure to relive him from some of the pain.

      Newt let out a quiet groan dropping his head back on the ground shutting his eyes closed. The massage was already making his leg feel way better. "Oh god. Don't, don't stop."

       The boy didn't think about the consequences of his words until little chuckles were heard a few feet away. Newt opened his eyes to see the Gladers holding back their laughter. Rosie holding a laugh as well.

      "Oh shut it." Newt responds ignoring his friends as he let himself enjoy the massage Rosie was giving him.

      A few minutes after, Rosie kept rubbing his leg until she could feel her hands starting to get tired and Newt was close to drifting off to sleep. The girl grabbed the backpack and placed it under his leg to leave it elevated for the night.

      Rosie made sure no one else needed her help before tending to Winston who had fallen asleep. Rosie carefully lifted his shirt trying to inspect the damage.

      "It'll heal." Samadhi caught Rosie's attention making her turn to her. Rosie noticed Samadhi's shirt was off and she was wearing a black sports bra. Jessie was sitting kneeling behind her focused on the back of her shoulder with a pair of thin scissors and a thread with a needle.