ten

as if things couldn't get anywhere, siwoo was only two days into her new job and absolutely hated it

as if things couldn't get anywhere, siwoo was only two days into her new job and absolutely hated it. completely despised. her boss was a prick, her coworkers seemed to hardly do their jobs correctly, and every single person that came into the place gave her the hardest time. she prayed it would get better but there was no telling.

"he's still not answering," the girl sighed, eyes scanning over her phone screen with the contact of her uncle displayed on it. her aunt could do nothing but nod sadly, as saying or doing anything else felt hopeless.

he left days ago and still never came back. siwoo was starting to get tired of pretending like it doesn't hurt, how he just up and left without a word and hadn't even tried to communicate with her. she was annoyed, angry, confused. she didn't know what she deserved to lose her parents so suddenly, and now her uncle.

over the weekend siwoo and mark made the decision for mark to enroll in her school. he felt it was easier to keep watch of everything, and a tiny bit of him was doing it also because he was tired of spending everyday hidden in siwoos room in boredom.

the two of them walked side by side into the doors of the town high school, hugging the straps of their bags close to them. there were luckily only a few stares headed their way, some students looking awfully confused at the black-haired boy they'd never seen before strutting next to the girl. they made their way to siwoos locker, where sohee already stood leaned against it typing away at her phone.

the girl looked up from the device and turned her head in hopes to see her best friend. she did, but didn't expect to see the boy she previously met once to be walking with her. a frown plastered on her face while siwoo sent an awkward smile.

"oh! is this a duo i'm gonna be seeing more often?" she said playfully, standing up fully.

mark laughed, "uh, yeah, maybe. my family moved closer so we decided i should just go to this school instead."

"ah, i see. you mind if i get a word with siwoo?"

"no! not at all, i'll see you later." sending a nod and a small smile to siwoo, mark walked away to his own new locker and classes.

siwoo kept her eyes away from her friend as she pushed her bag into her locker, digging through books to find the one she needed for her first class. she could feel the look of suspicion burning into her head. "you know what i'm gonna say, don't you?"

the girl pursed her lips and shook her head, acting as if she had no idea what sohee was talking about. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

"no worries, i'll say it straight up. who the fuck is that?" her voice got quieter as she questioned siwoo, eyes scanning the halls to ensure no teacher could hear.

"sohee, you met him already and i told you, he's a friend from another school."

"no shit i met him but who is he? all of a sudden? really? i don't believe you."