Thumbkisses and Fumbling Hands

Start from the beginning

"I love you too, Gabey."

"I miss you so much. So, so, so much."

"I can't wait to see you. I have you all to myself for a week. That's the week that the carnival is in town, we should go."

"Okay, but I'm not making any promises. I might just want to...keep you for myself all week, baby."

"O-oh. I miss you so much."

"I miss you too. Go to sleep, mi amor. It's past midnight and you have that outing with Hayley. Love you so much."

"Love you too."

William hung up the phone and went to go throw away his paper carton of lasagna. He walked to their room and curled up on the bed, plugging in his phone.

He fell asleep with an ache in his heart that could only be filled with some of Gabe's cooking and a glowing white smile. And maybe some cuddling.

-

William woke up to the sound of Hayley banging on the door. It was eight AM, and he wasn't ready for this, but he let her in anyway.

"Hey, Bill!"

"Hey."

"Not feeling it today? " She asked.

He shook his head.

"I just hate it when Gabe is gone, I went for six years without him- but now, I don't even know anymore."

"He still called you 'his William' on the phone with Chad last night, apparently. He really loves you, you know. He always stared at you in the halls at school, I noticed, but nobody else did. Haha."

"...Really?"

"Yeah. He talks about you all the time with Chad."

"I'm blushing now. Just talking about him makes me blush... Lord."

"You gonna get dressed? We can't get frozen yogurt with you dressed like that."

"Can we watch some Buffy first?"

"You know my weaknesses."

They lay in the bed watching Buffy and throwing popcorn at each other until it was about noon, and soon William was pulling on that hideous sweater of his that he'd had since 2009, and they went for frozen yogurt.

Halfway through the day, a group of fans walked up to them in the shop they were in, picking up Hayley's new converse.

"Uh, excuse me, are you Hayley Williams?" they asked, slowly approaching with caution.

"Yeah, hi. Uh, are you fans of the band?"

"Yeah!" they nodded.

"Cool! Want a picture or something?" She said, turning around to Wiiliam. "Sorry, Bill."

"Yeah, totally! Is that Gabe's boyfriend?" One of them said.

"Y-yeah. Hey." William said, flashing a small smile and wave towards them.

"Oh my god! Hayley and William at once!" One of them squealed.

"Sorry about her. That's Megan, she's kind of insane."

"The best of us are.So... Picture?" Hayley said, throwing an arm around William's sshoulder or trying to. Considering he was pretty much a foot or so taller.

"Yeah, if you don't mind."

"Of course I don't."

They all took a picture, and William took it because he's a motherfucking giant.