Our lips connected and he kicked the door closed. I tripped landing on the arm of the chair. "You okay?" He chuckled, I nodded and our lips reconnected. Pulling my panties to the side he rubbed my love button in circular motion. I sucked in a deep breath as Bashar worked his fingers. If he was like this now no telling how he would react after he sees me in that dress.

hours later...

"I love you too, be safe!" My mom shouted over the phone. We hung up and Ginger and I headed to the salon. Time was winding down and it was almost showtime.

After Bashar and I's encounter at the house I fell asleep, and when I woke up he was gone. I had checked my phone to see he sent me a text. He had gone to get his haircut and his suit professionally cleaned. His friends tagged along just in case some funny business went down. I prayed, hoping that nothing negative would happened. Today was our day and I didn't want nothing to ruin it just because of some beef or misunderstanding.

We arrived at the salon promptly. Sure, of course it was packed to death. "Dang, it's a lot of people." Ginger blurted.

"Yes. Let's just get in and get out." I replied, grabbing my wallet and phone. Ginger did the same and after putting our purses in the trunk, and locking the car, we headed inside.

We sat down waiting patiently for our names to be called. When they were we got up to sit down in the chair.

"Hazel, how are you?" Amber, my hairdresser asked.

"Hi Ams. I'm good, yourself?"

"I'm good. So what brings you by to these heavenly hands of mine?" She asked, causing me to laugh. Amber smiled waiting for my answer.

"Prom." I replied.

"Ohh wow. I'm about to fix you up chile. I remember my first prom. Emerson, you remember our first prom don't you?" Emerson turned around while in the middle of braiding a clients head to respond.

"Oh you you know I do honey. It was the year, nineteen ninety-two. Yes, you and Paul Bunyan!" He shouted, cracking up the whole salon.

"My man!" She shouted, raising her hand.

"Y'all are a mess." I said, dying down my laughter.

"It was all fun and games until somebody burned the school down. We all had to transfer to another county." She said.

"Wait what?" She nodded at me through the mirror.

"Yea miss lady. Seventeen people died in that fire." Emerson butted in.

"Wow." The whole salon became quiet listening to the story.

"A group of boys had been suspended and in trouble the week before. They were told they couldn't come to the prom. Boy, they was livid. That night after everyone was already in, I even remember the song and everything. It Distant Lover by Marvin Gay. We were all in there slow jamming, wrapped up all over each other and next thing you know there was screaming and flames. Chile, it was crazy. Emerson and I had to crawl up some bleachers and break that glass window to get out. You should've seen how some people were trapped on the other side of the gym." She shook her head in disappointment.

"After that they didn't have any more proms or dances." Emerson, finished. I shook my head in disbelief. Absolutely crazy.

After I got my hair done I waited on Ginger. In the meantime I took pictures.

I felt so damn fine! I posted a couple to my private story

I felt so damn fine! I posted a couple to my private story. Tonight was going to feel like a movie and I couldn't wait. Seven needed to hurry so at nine we could leave. Bashar had plans for us and Ginger would tag along. Harlow and I still wasn't talking really and it kind of bothered me. I don't know what was going on but I definitely wasn't going to be kissing any ass. I don't care how long the friendship is.

"Ou you look so good!" Ginger said, as I gawked at her also.

"No that's all you honey. Got the highlights, and you trimmed it too? Yes ma'am!" I clapped, making her do a three-sixty. We took pictures and I posted to my snap story. I didn't get on here much but I guess we'll see what happens.

Next thing on the list was waxing. I got them regularly so there was no surprise to me. Ginger on the other hand was petrified.

"Girl, I'm so scared. I don't think I wanna do this." Ginger sighed, looking over at me as I parked.

"G, you have nothing to worry about. Look at it this way, you have eight weeks of smooth fresh pussy, and I'm pretty sure Scott will love it." I winked. Lately Ginger had been talking to this guy name Scott. He was a college student not too far and worked as a mechanic. I believe they were hitting it off pretty good.

"Ugh, you're right. I can't wait to see him tonight." She blushed, looking out the window.

"See that wasn't so bad was it?" I asked, as we walked out the salon.

"Bitch that was atrocious! I am never going there again." She replied, speed walking to the car with a slight limp. I giggled following close behind.

"Aw come on. It couldn't have been that bad." I said, side eyeing her.

"You gotta remember this was my first time." Ginger responded.

"You're right but overtime you'll get use to it." I reassured her. Next stop was food and then home.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked, driving past the many restaurants on the side.

"Chinese?" I shrugged, and turned into the next drive way into the Great Wall.

We ordered our food and waited in the car. It would take at least fifteen minutes for them to prepare it. After we received our food we ate in the car and chatted. Turns out that, Ginger, hadn't spoken to her mother since she moved out months ago. It was too much toxicity going on. Her mental health had declined a whole lot while she was living with her mom. Afterward since that day her life has changed. She's on a new weight loss program, she prays, and reads her self affirmations everyday before she starts the day.

"Wow, you've come such a long way and I am so proud of you." I admitted, as she blushed.

"Aww, thank you, Hazel." She thanked me, stuffing her mouth with the egg roll.

I sipped my lemonade and ate some more. I didn't want to eat too much because I still needed to get my dress on. Being bloated and a stomachache was not what I needed before prom.