3~ Shopping with a cat and cuddles

Start from the beginning

It's a shame Percy was one of those few.

I clutched my ears and turned around to face the goddess. "Hello Lady Aphrodite." I made a slight bow.

"Hello Perseus! I couldn't help but just notice you're here! Shopping.. All alone.." She pouted, "So I decided you may need some assistance! Come with me sweetie." Smiling sweetly, she rushed past me and practically skipped through the doors into the shop.

For the next 10 minutes Percy could do nothing but gape as a massive pile of clothes appeared in his arms as Aphrodite kept talking. She just would not shut up. Percy kept wondering how Ares put up with her but then remembered he only liked her for her looks, rip. That would've made him pity her but he was currently debating the pros and cons of moving to Alaska where there were no immortal real life Barbie dolls and angry violent war-loving Ken dolls.

Percy was practically begging for an escape, if another gods damn fancy shirt made its way into his arms he might as well take out his chances with Apollo.

"Um, Lady Aphrodite?" He finally gathered enough courage to speak up. Aphrodite paused in her recount of the love between Paris and Helen and turned to face him.

"Yes, honey?" She gave him a blinding smile that rivaled Apollo. "Go on, I don't bite.. outside of the bedroom at least.." She winked and Percy fought hard to keep the disgust from showing on his face. Percy swallowed.

"Well, I appreciate you doing this and I'm very thankful." He assured. "But.. don't you think this is enough clothes. I mean, I don't think I'm even going to end up wearing half of these." Aphrodite gave him an indecipherable look that had him backtracking before he could even think, "I-I mean- uh- like I said, I really do appreciate it-!"

She giggled. "Aw, you're adorable when you're nervous." Then she pouted and sighed, "I guess I was expecting too much choosing all these clothes that aren't your style but-"

She was cut short by a loud bang and we both spun to face the door, expecting danger. I gripped Riptide in my pocket but I didn't need it. Hermes, looking wide-eyed ran straight towards us, crashing into Aphrodite.

"Aphy!" Hermes shrieked, doing a double-take when he saw exactly who was with 'Aphy'. He wasn't exactly in the form Percy was used to seeing. He looked around Percy's age, about eighteen-nineteen with elfish features and a sly grin that are present in all of his children. He had curly black hair that went everywhere and cat-like green eyes. Not like Percy's green eyes that resembled the ocean. No, his was a million different shades of green combined into one, they seemed to glow. It was beautiful and disorienting at the same time and he barely noticed Aphrodite magic black cat ears onto Hermes' head while they were distracted with eachother. Percy checking out the gods appearance and Hermes looking back at him blankly.

And naturally, Percy being Percy before he could burst into laughter at the sight, decided to say something stupid. He blurted out, "You look like a cat."

Hermes' eye twitched, "Excuse me?"

Percy wondered for a moment if he went too far but Hermes just whirled around to glare at a giggling Aphrodite, "I don't look like a cat! Aphy do I look like a cat?" Aphrodite just laughed harder and smiled widely.

"Oh, I don't know, Hermy, why would you ask me if you look like a cat?" Aphrodite asked, smirking as Hermes humphed and suddenly touched his head and pulled off the cat ears that he only now became aware of. He distractedly put them onto Percy's head as revenge before shifting to an appearance Percy was more familiar with. He still had curly black hair but now had blue eyes instead.

He scowled, "A cat. Really? I do not look like a cat. Also, Aphrodite, never call me Hermy ever again." Hermes said, wings fluttering anxiously. Aphrodite hummed looking mildly annoyed but still amused, twisting a strand of blond hair between her fingers.