t h i r t y t h r e e

Start from the beginning

"That's not true..." Tony tried to argue.

"It's true." Pepper said again.

Originally, Ember would've got out of here as soon as she could. When she got here, being an Avenger wasn't all it seemed to be. It wasn't everything they put on the front page of a magazine. The media didn't advertise the trauma, the hurt and pain they all went through on a daily basis. And truthfully, Ember found it scary.

But she loved every single one of them like they were family.

Apart from Loki. Not that he was an Avenger... But he was a bit creepy, at first he seemed cool, strutting in with his offer to make her a sorcerer. But the thought of it now seemed even scarier than becoming an Avenger.

"Thanks, Tony. I'm not gonna stop talking to you, I swear."

Tony smiled, emotions filling his features, "I knew you wouldn't let me down, kid."

"Never, dad." She teased.

"Oh shut up."

"There's pjs in the closet you can wear," Pepper said, walking over and encasing Ember in a hug, "I'll see you when I get back from Milan, mhm?"

"Of course." Ember said, returning the hug.

The motherly love Pepper showed towards her, often made her feel very emotional. She had never had a consistent parental figure growing up. When you moved from foster home to foster home all the time, eventually you just give up looking for someone to call mom.

"I'll see you guys later." Ember smiled at them before heading into the spare room.

She closed the door with a sigh, and threw herself on the bed, letting her muscles relax as she came in contact with the soft sheets.

Rolling over, she heard her phone buzz, sliding it out of her pocket, she checked her messages.

Steve: If you want to, me know when your back from Tonys. I'll come over?

Ember frowned. She had only been away from him for a few hours and missed him already.

Missed him in more ways than one.

In the past month her sex life had become incredibly more active. Steve went from barley touching her at all, to touching her so much that she could barley walk in the morning.

He was always good to her though, they stopped when either of them got tired, and he always looked after her afterwards, whether that was running a bath, helping her clean up, or just lying cuddling in bed.

Em: Staying at Tony's tonight. Window is open ;)

She waited for a reply.

The dots indicating that he was typing appeared and reappeared over and over again. But no reply came after it.

Had she done something wrong? She didn't think she had done something wrong.

Fuck.

She gave up waiting on a reply, and threw her head back into the pillow, lying staring at the ceiling of the room that Tony probably spent 2 million furnishing.

And then she heard a soft knock on the window.

Jumping out of the bed and rushing towards the window at an embarrassing fast rate, she looked out, seeing Steve awkwardly balancing on a tree branch outside.

She giggled and slid the window open, letting Steve stumble inside.

"You know, if we would just tell Tony I wouldn't have to go to extravagant lengths just to kiss you." He said, finding his feet and closing the window behind him, leaning down and kissing Ember softly on the lips.