t w e n t y f i v e

April 12th 2017
Avengers Compound

Why Steve was so nervous to talk to a girl he spoke to nearly everyday for the past several months, he wasn't sure.

Okay he was sure.

It's because his feelings for her were through the roof and every time he looked at her his heart began to beat out of his chest.

And apparently that wasn't normal.

He smoothed down his dress shirt and fought his way through the crowd.

"Captain Rogers." An agent he barley recognised stepped in front of him, but Steve didn't meet his gaze, he was still too focused on someone else, "How was your mission? Did all go as a planned."

"Not right now, sorry." Steve muttered, pushing his way passed the agent as politely as he could, the table which Ember sat at coming closer to him with every step he took.

He observed for just a second with a faint smile on his face, as he watched the girl stir the coffee she was visibly not impressed with.

He felt his heart drop slightly as he noticed her arm was still in a sling, and small butterfly stitches to the side of her forehead as a result of the accident; which Tony had pleasantly informed Steve that nothing of the sort would ever happen again, and that Coulson and his team had been thanked for their services, but would not be returning.

Steve was glad that Tony now also saw that Ember meant more to the both of them than some tool to be used during a fight just because they didn't have enough muscle.

"Dry bar tonight, huh?"

Steve grinned as Ember turned to face him.

He watched as her face lit up as soon as her eyes met his, standing up and throwing her one free arm around his neck into a tight hug. An affectionate action that she would one hundred percent deny later on, despite there even being security camera footage.

"You're back." She looked up at him, due to their height difference, with a grin on her face.

"Yeah, I'm back." Steve smiled back at her as she pulled away from their embrace.

"Imissedyou." She muttered quickly.

"What was that?" Steve teased, his arm draped lazily around her shoulders.

"Imissedyou." She said, still quickly, but slightly slower this time.

"Uh huh?"

"I missed you." She said, smiling as she hung her head.

Steve smiled down at her, the short blonde strands of hair falling to the sides of his face, just passed his eyes, due to the lack of hair gel.

"You're growing a beard?" She asked, laughing slightly, her fingers absentmindedly going to touch the side of his face in which the beard was growing out.

Steve's face displayed a faint smile as he remembered the night he heard a very drunk Ember tell him he'd look good with a beard— And that he was good looking.

"I also like your hands. And your face, your face is really pretty. I also think you'd suit a beard— You should grow a beard. Did I mention your face is really pretty?"

"Yeah," Steve smirked, "You like it?"

"I dig guys with beards." She grinned, elbowing in the arm, which is luckily the arm he didn't get shot on.

"You do, huh?" Steve teased her, as they both sat opposite each other at the small table, in the corner Ember always stayed at during parties.

"Yeah," Ember locked eyes with him, not even noticing how much he tensed up at the intense eye contact, "Maybe I do."