Chapter 3 - Contract

Chapter Three - Contract

"Congratulations Miss Parker. Our partnership starts Monday" 

Mr West said as soon as I finished my presentation.I stood there in shock.

"Seriously?" I said in disbelief

"Don't think you're good enough Miss Parker?" He asked with a stern face.

"Oh, uhm, no, i mean yes? I mean. Oh god" I stuttered and he raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Mr Wayne sat their chuckling to himself. I breathed in and out and focused.

"I just wasn't expecting such a fast response. But none of the less, Thank you for this opportunity Mr West!" I exclaimed, and he held out a hand.

I shook it and he called out for his assistant. Practically running in, she handed Mr West two folders and scurried out.

"Lets us go through the contract Miss Parker" he handed me a vanilla folder.

"Sure" I sat back down and Mr Wayne stood up.

"Congratulations Miss Parker. I'll let you both go through the contract" He smiled at me, and made his way over to Mr West.

"Congratulations to you too Mr West. I know you won't be disappointed" Mr Wayne stated, with  smile.

West stood up and shook Wayne's hand acknowledging his thanks with a nod.Mr Wayne stepped out of the room and West sat back down.

"I will read out the main terms and conditions of the contract and whenever you have a question interrupt politely" West said and I nodded.

"You will be required to work a maximum of 10 hours per week at West Enterprises' Office building. This is  a negotiable, as I am aware that you are in-charge of many projects at the same time. Is this okay with you?" He asked and i nodded

"That is fine" he nodded. 

"I will require constant communication with you regarding all business steps you will undertake. So I will require personal mobile number, house number if applicable, your work and personal email address" I hummed in agreement.

"I will also need to know your postal address, and I expect you to have mine. Clearly for work purposes only, I may require you to show me your work and I may need to bring a folder or project to you. Are you comfortable with this?" he asked and I nodded.

"You will be given two external hard drives. I expect you to save your work three times, on your laptop and the two hard drives. I will not accept a reason of losing work" I nodded.

"During working hours, you are to address me as Mr West or Sir. Out of working hours you may address me as Christian. My name is not to be taken out of context" I nodded slightly confused, how in gods name would I take his name out of context? Shaking my head lightly, I listened to him as he continued.

"No matter the time of day, you are expected to answer all phone calls, text messages or emails. You may call me at anytime using mainly my personal contact number if you are in need of any assistance. I am the only person you will be in contact with with all projects unless told otherwise"

"And lastly Miss Parker. All projects are due two weeks after the day it was assigned. Once reviewed you will receive a payment of $25,000 per project" I gasped.

"$25K? No disrespect but are you crazy Mr West?" I questioned."Possibly. But yes, $25K" He smirked, and I shook my head. 

Definitely crazy. We went through the rest of the contract fixing minor details here and there till we were satisfied with the agreement.This meeting in total probably went for nearly 4 and a half hours, our assistants brought us lunch and something to drink.