Chapter Sixteen: Cross My Fingers And Hope

Having heard the next fight would be You and Bakugou, it was scaring you slightly. It's like fate somehow just didn't enjoy you're peaceful relationship....

You nearly burst out laughing at the thought of having a peaceful relationship with you and Kacchan. That was like saying that an alligator can fly and birds have teeth.

Mentally cringing at what you used to compare saying your relationship was peaceful, you got up from leaning on his shoulder both of you feeling like you didn't wanna lose.

Don't hold back just because I'm cute! You wink up at him giving a cute little smile, behind his rolled eyes and annoyed sighs. His heart melted, and his insides were turning into paste.

I don't intend to. In fact, I plan on mopping the arena with your stupid little face! He flicked your forehead and you rubbed it, pouting to make it look like you were so deeply hurt.

Well, I'd like to see you try! Both of you were on the arena. Midnight gave the start and the fight began.

He charged forward sending a blast towards you, dodging the heat by just a centimeter. You concentrate, taking the energy in the air, the molecules that surround you both. Make Ng it yours, you send a beam towards him, followed by multiple beams following after that.

He began a show dodging them all but the last one that was aimed towards his leg, it grazed him, causing the skin to scorch in a trail. He grit his teeth, as the pain seared through his leg.

IM GONNA KILL YOU! Yelling while sending a blast towards you. Moving out of the way you smiled up while sending another one.

I TOLD YOU, NO HOLDING BACK... AND THAT MANEUVERING WAS SLOPPY!! Pissing him off some more, he grabbed his hand and kept sending explosion after explosion. Dodging them, you got closer to him, in an attempt at making a wall out of the energy particles, you pushed against him.

Taking every drop of pride in yourself that this would work, you pushed it, creating a blast that sent him backwards. It almost got him out of bounds, this making him even more angrier. "(Y/n), IM GONNA FUCKING MURDER YOU!! DIEEE!!" He yelled, using his anger and frustration to fire explosions that got him closer to you. Grabbing an arm he aimed at you, a very malicious looking smirk plastered on his lips.

I wanted to go easy on you but you're too damn strong.

I don't know if I should be scared or grateful. using your quirk slowly without making it look like you're doing anything you cover the outside of your body with a thin layer of the energized material, it isn't noticeable to the human eye. Well mean not Mei Hatsume's but the point was made.

As much as I'd love to see you advance to the next round I won't let you do that! You began taking steps forward. He getting ready to blast at you.

Sorry to ruin the fun, but that's not happening. He blasted you with his hand, the crowd was gasping. You stood there while the heat began eating away at the layer, slowly it began burning your body, falling on one knee you take the energy from the ground your arms rest upon and when Katsuki finished you shot him, the burns that covered your arms and legs, your tattered uniform and the smell of smoke coming off you both.

It was intense having to fight him with all you have, but giving up was not an option.

You done with your lightshow? You smirked, once the smoke was cleared you shot him with a beam that surrounded his legs in a bond, nearly making him trip over himself.

You should've went for my hands jackass! He shot multiple explosions at you, some hitting you directly. You could feel the energy, that's keeping you standing, begining to slip away each time you use your quirk to keep your pain at bay.