𝟎𝟎𝟎 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Start from the beginning

  The banging on the door quickened, the shouts became louder, and Mila became more frightened. You couldn't think a person could hold onto a suitcase so hard, but her grip tightened even more. Her stubby child fingers, sweat smearing across it. She winced at the noises in her head, shutting her eyes. 

   Her father now entered the room, he also wore his travel clothes, her mother followed closely behind. Each now clutching their own odd sticks, her mother with a large luggage. "Papa, what's going on?" Her father went up to her, cupping her cheek with one hand, "Nothing Milanita, just listen to me and your mama," her mother pocketed the stick in her coat pocket, picking up the suitcase and opening the back door, putting it outside. "You ready?" Marisol asked her children, Gabriel did a small nod, jumping off the counter. Mila stayed on, frozen into the place. No one would tell her what was happening. Why didn't they tell her? Her mother, out of breath said "Let's go Mila! Now!" She too reluctantly jumped off, setting her bag on the floor, letting her brother carry it outside. They walked carefully to the door frame, Mila with her hands covering her ears to block out the noise, head down.

  Her parents met each other in the middle of the kitchen, graspingg each other's hands, looking at one another in the eye, saying things to each other silently with just looks. Finally her mother spoke, "Julio, you get it, then come straight here and we go!" "Yes, yes, I will," she glared at him, "My love, listen to me, you grab it, get down here, we go, do not grab anything else, we're out of time!" she pleaded. He looked back at her and nodded, letting go of her grasp, her ran up stairs. 

  The siblings mother pushed them out the door, Mila didn't know how her brother stayed so calm. "Mama, I'm scared!" Mila blurted out. "It's ok, it's ok, just wait for your papa!" She looked down with sorrow, gulping as she looked at the trash bins and brick walls. Her father sprinted out the door meeting his family's gaze. "I have it," he stated, holding up a old rutty briefcase, many complicated locks and fidgets lined it's opening, it's own brown leather starting to wear out. He panted as he kissed his lover's cheek, gripping her hand, giving it a small peck. She faintly smiled in response.

  Although they weren't old, the tiredness in their face showed, adding 20 years of age. 

  Her father then held his son's hand who was to his left, her mother holding her small hand as well. Right then her sight flashed, her body felt as if it were twisting and contorting into weird forms, it felt as though she were getting sucked out of thin air, many places flashed against her eyes, she let out a little scream and a gasp of air. She felt sick to her stomach, puffing out her cheeks, her eyes shut tight, still gripping her mothers hand.

  When her eyes opened, she was tugged along, along streets she didn't know, houses that look different, people dressed oddly and abnormally. There she was at her home, harsh noises sounding outside their front door, not knowing anything, and now there she was, in a completely unfamiliar new place.

 There she was at her home, harsh noises sounding outside their front door, not knowing anything, and now there she was, in a completely unfamiliar new place

A/N April, 2022

  I'm probably definitely going to rewrite this prologue cause it's the most disgusting thing I've ever written except that one fairy story I made in 2nd grade but like what ever.

  A/N December 2022,

 [as of releasing this edited work I am releasing it on Christmas eve, so for those who celebrate it! I wish you the merriest of Christmas, especially to my Latinos who basically celebrate today. I hope the new year brings you lots of love and luck, let's change 2023 from the cycle of 2020-2022.]

    I've finally re-leased my work in hopes of finishing, or moving it along! I did slightly re-write this prologue, but it's not THAT bad, but at least I was always self aware that my writing chops are crap <33

ily bye!

1K words