"Avan kuda thaniya pesanumna, ulla po ma", Kumaresan muttered in a hushed voice.

"Apadi elam onum illa pa", she tried smiling though it was evident she was upset over Kathir ignoring her.

"Inga paaru ma. Unga rendu perukum enna prachanainu enaku theriyadhu. Aana, edhuva irundhalum olunga pesi theekara vazhiya parunga. Ivalavu kasta pattu veetla samadham vanginadhu ipadi rendu perum sandai podava?", he warned in a low tone, and she gulped the saliva down her throat.

Though what he said made sense, she did not know how to make him talk. After how he walked way, she knew talking over phone would not help. She wanted to sit and talk to him, however she did not come prepared to talk to him now. Maybe coming to the shop was a bad idea.

Kathir walked back to her with the bag and her hopes went high again. He avoided eye contact and placed the bag of requested items and walked back further inside the shop.

Disappointed filled her as she stared at back of Kathir's t-shirt hoping he would change his mind and look at her eyes. But he did not and Mullai understood him. She had refused to marry him and she should not be surprised if he started hating her. She tried talking to Kumersan mama and avoided looking at him. However, her traitor eyes went back to Kathir who was busy arranging the stocks.

"Seri mama. Amma thedum. Naan kelambarean. Evalavu achu?"

"Enna pa idhu? Namba kadai la porul yeduka kaasu tharuviya? ", Kumaresan asked in annoyance.

"Illa pa. Irundhalum enga veetuku porul vangaradhuku...", she dragged.

She could feel a pair of eyes boring hole through her skull, but she did not look up at this time. She just kept back the notes inside her purse and walked out bidding bye to mama.

She cursed herself while dragging herself home and into her room. She wanted to talk to Kathir and even ask him the reason for his behavior but couldn't do that in front of Kumerasan mama.

Changing into her pajamas she collapsed on her bed. A heavy feeling settled in pit of her stomach and tears threatened to burst out of her eyes. She hugged her pillow tightly and hid her face in it and dam broke down at last and tear after tear leaked out of her eyes and stained the material of the pillow.

She was the one who wanted to delay the wedding and caused a rift between them. However, she was not able to digest the fact Kathir had blatantly ignored her as if her existence didn't matter. Somewhere in the midst of whimpers and hiccups, she succumbled to sleep.

**

When she woke up next day her head felt like someone had pounded it with hammer last night. Her eyes were bloodshot red and rest of her face was swollen. It was Meena's baby shower and she had to get ready. She took shower in cold water and did make up to mask the puffiness.

Once they entered the Pandian house, they were welcomed by Dhanam.

"Vanga Chithi. Vanga Chitapa. Va Mulla, yepadi iruka?", she asked and Mullai just nodded her head.

Dhanam was still fidgety around Mullai. They have not had a proper conversation between them after the fight.

Once Murugan and Parvathy were out of sight,

"Mulla, inum en mela unaku kovama? Un naladhukunu nenachu than apadi pesitean..", Dhanam clarified hoping to sort out all the bitterness between them.

"Adha pathi inametu pesa venam", Mullai replied curtly and tried walking away.

"Adhu illa Mullla...", Dhanam started only to be interrupted by Kalai