Chapter 12: Who Is He?

I got there in a few minutes to find a man who looked like he had been running for a while; but from what? You ran here from where and why? I have been running for my life; because when I stopped to call you they caught up to me. What do you mean "they" people were after you why. They are after me because I saw the whole murder of that cop which is why they want me dead. Oh this just turned from bad to worse. Why Ranger Lee? Well you saw them kill somebody they got your wallet so they know where you live; they ransacked your place, and if you had a business card in your wallet then they got that ransacked as well. Oh this is bad you need to get my family. Any young kids in your family. Yes they're at my parents house.
Wes come with me to get the family because I might need back up; if they found out he has a family. Alright but let me tell captain to put him in his office try to calm him down and just to talk.
Okay that was a good idea back there at the station. Thanks Nichole but weren't you supposed to be home today? Yeah but he called me so I'm here trying to help this guy out. Well that's is nice of you Nikky. Yeah well I was sleeping good; and we need to call Sandy to see if she will check out our guy. Yea that's a good idea; Richie should be there if so get him to watch our guy with her.
When we got there we saw the grandparents car there. I knocked in the door but there was no answer and the light was off. Did you here that Wes. Here what Nikky I didn't here anything. Really I heard help police you can come in here because we need help. Oh yea Nichole I just herd that. Well then let's go in here they need our help. Yeah but how are we going to get in the door is locked. Really you never broke in to anything before Wes; I have when I was younger. No I never have because it's against the law; and what did you use to break in stuff. Well I will just tell you a few things i used bobby-pins, credit cards well any type of cards like that and butter knifes. Alright well use your technique to break in. Okay give me a second it's just like riding a bike I got it and we're in. Wow you got to show me one day. I'm sure Richie knows how to break into stuff ask him.
As we walked in I turned on the light the place was trashed they were here before we got here. Yeah they were let's check the place out. Look Wes there is some blood on the floor and its a track of blood let's follow it. As we followed the trail of blood it lead to a car out back behind the house. I looked around with my flashlight to make sure we wouldn't get ambushed. He went on the other side of the car to open the door. When we opened the door we found the family they were okay; except for the grandfather he had been shot in the leg.