1

Kai ^
__________
All rights reserved

No part of this story or any of its contents can be reproduced, modified, copied, or adapted without any prior written consent of the writer/author.

_________

My life was anything but perfect but I loved it either way. I was just any ordinary kid living his life with his three dogs and a 2 year old. Everything was going fine until I got a call from my step-mother telling me that my father had been shot and killed and that I had to go home for his funeral. That was the last thing that I wanted to hear after not hearing from them in over 5 years.

Did they expect me to just drop everything I had worked for just to go back to a place where I haven't been in since I was 16? Did they think that I was the same stupid kid that I had been at that age? I had made many mistakes in my life and one of them was leaving my home, my family, to be with my son's father only to live a nightmare with him. I had wanted to go home so many times when he first started hitting me but I never found enough strength the leave. I lived a life full of fear with him and I had only ever managed to escape when he was passed out drunk.

I managed to run away at 19 and moved to Washington where I learned that I was expecting. As a little kid I loved dressing up in dresses, skirts and girly jeans and flow-y shirts as opposed baggy pants and t-shirts. I wore make up instead of dirt on my face from playing outside.

My parents divorced when I was 16 so a year before I left to be with Rick, my son's father, and not even a month later, my dad married again to his now widow. So now 2 years later, I get a call from said widow telling me that it was my father's last wish to have me home. I always wondered how he knew where I was since Rick never found me, then again, my father was a CIA agent.

I sighed running a hand through my long blonde hair as I finished packing the last of mine and Ashton's clothes. I can't believe I was actually going back to a place I have been in two years and a place where there was a high chance that Rick could find us and kill me for leaving him.

"Mommy?" I hear a small voice call and look over and see Ashton standing on his crib only in his diaper

"Yeah baby?" I ask walking over to him and picking him up

"Hungwy" he mumbled rubbing his belly, I smile kiss his forehead

"What do you want to eat babe?" I hum

"Dat" he said pointing to the grapes that were sat on the table. I chuckled placing him on his high chair before going over to one of the packed boxes and taking out his little bowl putting a few grapes on it before placing it in front of Ashton who took no time in picking one up and popping it in his mouth.

"Small pieces bud, you're going to choke" I murmured taking the second grape before he could put it in his mouth

"Bite" I said holding it to his mouth, he just stared at me before taking it from my hand and taking a bite, I rolled my eyes fondly at him. I stood up and kissed his forehead and got back to packing the remaining things in the apartment, which were mostly Ashton's toys, clothes, crib, dresser, and high chair but said high chair will be packed up once he's done eating.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

It feels like a boulder had been placed on my shoulders the moment I got of the plane. Looking up at the sky, I sent a prayer to god to give me strength to survive my time here. I don't know why I agreed to come back after running away from this place. I shook my head with a sigh. My things should be at the house that I had inherited from my maternal grandparents after they passed away three years ago.

Its a house that not even Rick knew about. I somewhat felt safe there since it had a big iron gate that can only be opened with my voice. It has cameras all around the property, so I could see who was coming and going. My grandparents were one of the wealthiest people in all of Colorado.

My mother, after my grandparents passed ways, married her high school sweetheart, someone that her parents had been against since day one. He's a handsome lad not gonna lie. He has dark black hair, ice blue eyes, muscles in the right places and a jaw line that can kill. He was and is everything that my mother had pictured herself marrying, yet when she got pregnant by my father, her dreams were crushed and was forced to marry him instead. Its crazy how after 15 years of not seeing or knowing anything of the other, Mother and Kristopher, reunited at my grandmother's funeral a year after my grandfather died.

They started of as friends, and by then, my parents were working on their divorce. 10 months, almost a year, after the divorce had been finalized mother called to tell me she was engaged and was to be married by the end of July. My parents despite having a good relationship while growing up, decided to divorce and my father married his now widow a year later and I wish I could say that I was happy for him but I couldn't. Wife was a total bitch and hated my guys since she came to live at house and I guess that was another reason why ran away with Rick.

Leaving the safety of my home to be with Rick was the biggest mistake of my life but also the best. From the pain and hurt, I got the best gift god could ever give me. I got my little boy and that's something that I can truly say that I am thankful to Rick for.

When the plane landed and I grabbed both mine and Ashton's bags while pushing his stroller, I was met with a man on a black shit with matching glasses holding a sigh with my name.

"Kai Jacobson?" The me asked

He was an attractive man with a chiseled jawline and a 3 O'clock shadow and dark brown hair. He stood to a height of, 6'. He was built like a those UFC fighters that would be on tv when I lived at home a few years back.

"Yeah, who are you?" I asked adjusting my hold on Ashton's diaper bag

"Name's Allen, Mrs. Jacobson sent me on her steed to pick you up and take you to your house" he said, and even his voice was sexy. It was rough and gruff, a thick accent of some sort.

"I could have called a cab to take me to my house, but thank you for picking us up," I said as he held the door open, and I was surprised to see that there was a car seat installed already. Shaking my head, I leaned down and carefully took Ashton out from the stroller and placed him on the car seat before buckling him up before doing the same.

And, as Allen pulled out of the curb, I couldn't shake the thought that my life was going to change drastically.

A/N SO HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPTER TO MY HUSBAND, THE ASSHOLE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK BY COMMENTING, VOTING AND FANNING. LOVE YOU

HUGS AND KISSES

-Cx