𝟎𝟎𝟏 ‎ ·‎ ‎ ‎𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵

Start from the beginning

  Mila's head was nestled in her arms on the table, her leg underneath the table was shaking up and down. She hated group projects, well who didn't?

  She would mostly have to do all the work, every time. Luckily, her astronomy class only consisted of them and the Hufflepuff's. Mostly all Hufflepuff's were not insufferable, she couldn't say so for her own house though. Mila's head sparked up as she read her name on the board:

  Group four;
Sirius Black
 Mila Luna
  Remus Lupin  

 Great just what she needed, paired up with relatively popular, annoying, pricks. She stood up from her seat with her satchel, making her way to Professor Sinistra's desk. 

  "Excuse me, Professor?" Mila said, while clearing her throat. 

  "Ah Mila, what can I do for you?" 

  Mila's hands tightened around the strap of her bag. "Could I switch groups? I'm not sure how well I'd do with my group!" she asked.

  The Professor set down her quill and gave Mila a sympathetic smile, "I'm sorry, but the groups chosen, are the groups that are set in stone, Ms.Luna, this is a project to bring students together, as well as to see if you know your subject! I think this will be a nice challenge for you," Her teacher smiled sweetly. Mila pursed her lips, then turned on her heels towards the old rickety table with extra project information and instructions. 

  She waited by the table for a moment, trying to waste as much time as she could. She quickly skimmed over the piece of paper before reluctantly walking towards the loudest desk in the room. She pulled up a stool, from another desk, up to their table on the opposite side of them. The two of the boys were joking about something, not noticing her for a few seconds, at least that's what Mila thought. Remus had noticed the strange girl that sat down on the other side of them, her face was slightly hidden from her bangs, her robes and tie matched his, the red and gold hanging off of her neck. 

  He looked at her from the side, pretending to pay attention to Sirius. She pulled bottles of ink out of her satchel which was lying on her lap, she inspected them, then chose the one with the least amount of ink, to make sure not to put new ones to waste. She pulled out pieces of parchment, digging around her bag for a lost quill which she found alas. Remus had never seen this girl before, sure there were many people in the Gryffindor house, but he'd surely at least seen every face. Yet for some reason, she was a completely new person. 

  Sirius seemed to finally notice that someone had found their way to their desk. Sirius leaned over the table, slyly grinning at Mila as she kept her head down reading the instructions list. "And who might you be fair lady?" He questioned, Mila only gave him a quick glance in response. "Not a talker I see," he continued, "I am the one and only Sirius Black-"

  "I know who you are," Mila cut him off to refrain from continuing his egotistical introduction.

  "So you've heard of me?" Sirius smirked.

  "Yes. Unfortunately"

 Remus stifled back a laugh at the short answers from the girl. "What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius sat back in his seat.

   "It means, we have a project we have to do, so if we could please get started on ideas!" 

  The long-haired boy crossed his arms against his chest, "You never answered my question, now what's your name Ms. Mysterious?" 

  She sighed, setting her paper on the table, staring at Sirius, already tired of the long days ahead, "My name is Mila. Luna. Now if we could please-" 

  "Luna, that doesn't sound like a regular English name, what's it mean?" 

  "It's not. It means moon, now like I said-" Mila's jaw clenched in frustration, annoyed from getting cut off over and over again.