Chapter 2

Amelia's POV

After Grace showed me her pictures from Hawai, we had nothing to do so we decided to watch Netflix. We were so engrossed in the movie that we got startled as we heard a knock on the door.
"Seriously! Someone had to knock right now", Grace yelled pulling her hair, and i giggled at her reaction.

I opened the door, and saw my other best friend, Noah. I was flabbergasted when I saw him, he wasn't supposed to be back until tomorrow noon.

I was so happy to meet him but everytime I saw him, I was reminded of 𝘩𝘪𝘮. "Aren't you happy to see me cupcake?", Noah asked me, looking at my reaction.

"Aren't you supposed to be back, tomorrow?", I retorted.

"I was supposed to be, but I thought that I should surprise my best friend. But... by the look on your face, it looks like you're not happy to see me.", he replied.

I quickly changed my expression and grinned widely at him. "Why are you thinking like that?", I said and hugged him tightly. Noah is my best friend. One look at me, and he immediately understood that something was wrong, but I didn't want to talk to him about it.

"Ugh Lia, you can rekindle your friendship with him later, come here and resume the movie." Noah narrowed his eyes at Grace and ignored her comment. Yeah, you guessed it, my two best friends don't get along well.

He came and sat on the desk chair. As soon as I resumed the movie, Noah asked, "Why don't we go and watch the movie at the mall?"

"Yeah, now you've already ruined this movie for us, so let's go and watch a new one.", Grace said. "Guys, I don't want to go out, you know that I hate going out.", I replied. They both didn't reply, but just looked at me, deadpanned.

Grace wanted to go shopping, and watch the movie, so she literally, and I mean, 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 dragged me there, despite my whining and protesting.

We all reached the mall, Noah bought us the tickets, like the gentleman he is, and we all watched the new Spiderman movie.

"Tom Holland's Spiderman movie is the best.", Grace said. "Yeah, you're right." Noah agreed with her, and I looked at both of them with the 'are you guys serious?' look.

"No, not at all, you both are wrong, Andrew Garfield's Spiderman movie is the best.", I said, and they both looked at me with a disapproving look. 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘯- my Consy adds, yeah, you're right this time. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩-Shut up, Consy.

Mall made all the memories so fresh. We watched a couple holding hands, some laughing at their jokes and all the other couply things they do. I was so vexed at all these things, that I didn't realize we were at food court. Grace and Noah were bickering on their order, when I saw a man buying bracelet for his girl.

**flashback**

"𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺.", 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘶𝘳𝘺.

𝘏𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘔𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘕𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴.

"𝘉𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵, 𝘮𝘪𝘫𝘢.", 𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘥. 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵.

"𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦.", 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘢 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦. 𝘈𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘐 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘵, 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵.

𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵𝘴, 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵. 𝘏𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 ,"𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴." 𝘔𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘸 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵, 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦.

"𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮, 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵.", 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥, 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘥. 𝘐 𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘵. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦.

**flashback ends**

"LIA. LIA. LIA." I glanced at my surroundings, and saw Grace waving her hands at me, and realized that I zoned out.

"Did you take drugs in Spain or what?", Grace asked looking at my pale face. Noah choked on his water and looked at me with wide eyes. "You went to Spain this summer?",he asked me and I understood his reaction. I nodded at him whilst he just stared at me, with pity because he knew his brother was currently in Spain.

Author's note: I'm gonna upload the next chapter in a few days. Hope you like it! Please vote and share this story.