Chapter 5: Experiment (P1)

Start from the beginning

"What's the point of all this anyways?" Is there like a personal grudge these transfers made on the first meeting? Or just bad impressions? Or are they arrogant for having transferred into the prestigious hero course mid-year without an entrance exam? Or was it the very obvious new activities opening up?

"In the first semester, my class have gotten through many tragedies and traumatic events." The man began his monologue. "While I was busy with the press and school, they decided to went out on their own and made utterly stupid and shitty choices. So let this event be payback.... And a lesson to never underestimate the enemy..." He had a wide manic grin plastered on his face with dry eyes, and Shinsou scooted away a little.

-

"Well at least one of you should accept. Your friends seem to be set on this little challenge." The slight guilt-trip sounds cheap on Nezu's tongue, the kids look around each other for a few seconds before Gopal held up Fang's wrist, an expected action from him. These kids are kind to a fault, having been in the hero business since elementary school.

In truth, only four out of five of them are actually busy. Yaya and Gopal are on meeting duty, working as the diligent ex-class representative and her vice, Ying and Fang are handling the installation procedures, while Boboiboy does the club activity grounds prep, which is pretty lightweight for someone like him.

"Boboiboy, do you mind a bit of squeezing?" Yaya questions the boy who's stuffing his face with fried rice, he stops chewing and sit in thought for a moment.

"But Mr. Nezu, isn't that very important test exactly one week away? Shouldn't they be studying for it?" It looks like a very difficult physical test, and there's a written part as well it seems, he usually hears footsteps and sounds of mumbling outside when he was just nearing sleep. The headaches have gotten more intense after he unlocked all the third tiers, and the new night owl habit have dulled his ability to just collapse on any surface.

"You don't have to worry, they've been through worst and always come out stronger. The idea of having pro heroes in their class must have lit up something inside." As far as he knows, these kids are unaware of their status and the exact level of influence they have as teenage professional heroes.

Boboiboy just nods, the principle is right, this will provide experience and the team haven't visit the gym in around two weeks, too busy with preparations, its about time they check on progress. They only do occasional trips before too and usually when its downtime, there was nothing really going on except posture fixing. Boboiboy signed the petition, Nezu collect the slip and excused himself, the Kokotaim continue with lunch per usual with light hearted conversations.

While there's laughter all around the roundtable, with mild teasing and inside jokes dotted about. The hero course group chat, set up by Ashido for better communication is panicking at a picture of a poster sent by Midoriya. Someone, probably a teacher has leaked out the news of a hero course challenge. By chance, broccoli boy met mini-zawa at the school's courtyard and the other proceed to show him the promotional poster, as he previously was unaware of.

=Wednesday: 10:05am=

"Why are we in front of the mock city?" Iida thought they'd be at gym Gamma, all of them did, the space is large enough and Cementos-sensei can manipulate the terrain.

"Good question kids!" Nezu's voice beckons through the loudspeaker, the children made one lethal mistake when writing up that petition in a rush, they didn't think the conditions through. "You didn't mention where you'd do this so we did for you! Eraserhead also told me that you all are weak on damage control; so doesn't this feel just right?" The principle happily announced, barely hiding his enjoyment.