Home

Y/n Pov

Remind me never to go to another feast in Skellige again. It started with me having to split Cerys and Hjalmar up from their war of words that was quickly nearing fight territory. Then Sylas and I had to fight through grizzly bears that came out of nowhere. Then Cerys and I had to solve what had happened, which ended up earning her the crown.

She gave her speech, and now she was officially Queen of Skellige. I bid her farewell, she reminded me I was always welcome in the Isles, and then I was off. Taking Anubis we sped through the continent, and through the mountains to make it to Kaer Morhen.

How long has it been since I've been here?

I dismount Anubis, and tie him into the stable. I don't know if you can actually tell if a horse has relaxed or not. But Anubis seemed to be relieved, and he immediately began chewing on hay. I pat him a few times and walk out into the training area.

"Well well" I hear a voice say. "You look good... Are we friends? Or am I still in the dog house?" Vesemir asked.

I smiled and marched up to him, giving him a hug which he returned with a chuckle. "It's good to see you, Panther"

"It's good to see you too, Uncle Vesemir" I say, we face each other and I look around. "Geralt show up yet?"

"Geralt... Yennefer... and their little friend Uma over there."

He points to the corner of the main area, and there I see a little creature playing with a dead rat.

"Where are Yen and Geralt?" I ask, looking away from the creature.

"Yennefer's up in the guest room... Geralt's off with Lambert, if you wanna head up the hill to Eskel."

"Nevermind that" Eskel's voice rings out.  I look over and see him carrying a forktail head. "Got the bastard already."

"A forktail this close to the fortress?" I questioned.

"Why not?" Eskel shrugs. "The place is practically dead anyway... How the hell are you Panther?"

"Life's been better, and it's been worse" I say, shaking his hand. "What do you need a forktail head for?"

"Yennefer's planning something with Uma. not that she'd tell us the plan anyway" Eskel says, lifting the head into his arms.

The three of us walked to the keep, Vesemir and Eskel chatted as I walked ahead a bit. Entering the building I see Geralt and Lambert talking to Yennefer.

"Ah good, you're all here" Yennefer says. "We can get started right away, now I need-"

"Last I checked, I gave the orders around here. Not you" Vesemir says. 

"It's not about orders or not. We need to get through to whoever is behind that curse," Yennefer argues.

"And we will. But you haven't told us your plans yet, and if I know anything about you, it comes with a high risk of something going wrong. We're going to explore other methods first"

"Vesemir with all do respect I don't think-"

"I wasn't asking," Vesemir says. "I'll take uma with me into the mountains. If what I'm trying works, I'll return with whoever is behind that little creature. If it doesn't, I'll return with Uma and then we'll try your method"

Vesemir doesn't leave room for argument. He grabs Uma, and leaves. I had to say, I knew he was right. Whatever Yennefer was planning, was most likely extremely dangerous for the little person.

"Well" Geralt says. "What do we do now?"

"Well... The beams in the ceiling need fixing... and there's a few holes in the wall that need patching up" Lambert says.