Tunnels

Y/n Pov

I walked down the dirt roads. The owl perched on my shoulders was a strange sight, but it caused less trouble than me walking down the road with Philippa Eilhart next to me.

"The air stinks," she says in my head.

"Trust me" I say, "you don't even want to imagine what the air smells like to a witcher"

"You gonna be okay without me?"

"I'll be fine. We're off to Skellige once you and the mages are gone" I say.

"I meant Skellige. I'm sure there's trouble waiting for you there. A few angry Jarls perhaps, a certain girl who may or may not want you dead?"

"Cerys doesn't want me dead, and Crach never knew Cerys and I had anything." I told her.

"If you say so." she says, we reach the entrance and I descend into it, where I see Geralt and Triss already present. "Fuck!" Philippa shouts in my head.

I look over and see Dijkstra approaching. "Well well. Philippa Eilhart... You are alive"

"Fuck off" I tell him bluntly.

"Is that from her, or you?" he asks.

"Both"

"Sounds about right"

"What are you even doing here, Dijkstra?" I ask.

"What? Can't I just be a good Samaritan?"

"Yes, you've always been known for your bleeding heart, always doing good for others" I say.

"Ha, alright, I admit it'd be handy to have some connections in Kovir. Now... tell me panther, how much to hand me Eilhart?"

I just stare blankly at him. I lean down ever so slightly to let Philippa walk across my shoulders to the one farther from the big ogre. She does so and I then walk past him to speak with Geralt and Triss.

"If you ever find the need to kill that giant baboon, please make sure it's painful" Philippa says in my head.

"Good." Triss sighs, "you guys made it"

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"We need to make sure the path is clear for the mages, the four of us will do that" Triss says.

"Sounds good, want me to go get started?" I offer.

"No" Triss says, "I think it's best we all go together"

"Do what you need to do," Geralt says.

He and I walk over to the entrance to the sewers. Philippa flies off my shoulder and into her human form. Triss gives a motivational speech, and then the four of us descend into the sewers. I led, Philippa followed closely behind, and behind her Geralt led Triss. I didn't pull my swords out, Geralt did.

"Triss" I say, "please tell me these were at least mapped out before this."

"No. Dijkstra assured me these tunnels ran straight to the docks though"

"Philippa?" I asked.

"The tunnels meet the docks. Though, a straight line it definitely isn't,"

"So it's up to us to map it out?... Great" I sigh.

"What's with the low attitude?"Philippa asks. "Aren't things like this in your job description"

Geralt answers "they are. Y/n's just hopeless with directions, he still doesn't know which direction the sun rises and sets"