Chapter 2 (Traverse Town)

Nyra's POV

As my eyes slowly flutter open, I became more aware of the surrounding. "Where am I?" I wondered as I looked around, noticing that my attire has changed and my amulet is gone! "Must have lost it when I swam through that portal the Keyhole created, along with Sora and Riku." I thought out loud as I walk towards a nearby fountain, "I guess this is one of the "Sleeping Worlds" Grandpa Yen Sid mentioned, I just hope I find them before Xehanort does." I continued as I look at the bracelet that I still have. "Wow! It's not every day I'm come across another Star Child, especially one powerful enough to be mistaken for a Dream Eater." A new voice rang up, causing me to look up at the fountain arch where a teenage boy was sitting atop. "Who are you?" I called out to the boy, "My name is Joshua." The boy replied as he pushes a strand of ash blonde hair aside. "How do you know about my heritage?" I asked suspiciously, "Are we just getting past the part where you tell me your name?" Joshua countered, leaving me at a loss of word. "Nyra." I replied; Joshua then chuckled, "Hello there, Nyra. The reason I know who you are is that it takes one to know one, especially when they see them." He replied before standing up and revealed his Azurian wings as he walk off the arch and landing softly, causing his wings to dispel in a flurry of silvery white feathers. Joshua then chuckled again after seeing the surprise look on my face, "Of course, Star Children that have either one of the parents' blood being more dominate are extremely rare. Surely you knew about it when you saw Riku." He continued, causing me to be surprise when he mentioned Riku's name. "Are they here?" I asked him, but he just shook his head "Sora and Riku are still yet to arrive; but when they do, Sora will be in the First District of Traverse Town, and Riku will be right where you woke up; here in the Third District. But they will be in two separate versions." Joshua replied, "What do you mean?" I asked again. "The world you and I are standing in right now, there are two copies of it. It's been sort of split in half and as for how the world got split in two... well, I have a feeling you'll need to ask this guy in the black coat that arrived a few minutes earlier." Joshua explains, causing me to be shocked. "A black coat? Which way did he go?" I asked, remembering that the thirteen men were all wearing black coats. "The last time I saw him, he was heading for the First District." Joshua replied as he gestured to the large doors behind me, I thanked him before I began to run, only for me to stop and ask him to keep my name secret. "You don't want to get chewed out for meddling with their journey." Joshua chuckled before promising that his lips are sealed. I smiled and thanked him again before making my way to the First District.

~~~KH~~~

Sora's POV

As I began to wake up, I began to become aware of my surrounding; I'm standing on a balcony in the First District of Traverse Town. "Hey, what's with my clothes?" I wondered as I noticed the change of attire, figuring that it's more of Master Yen Sid's magic as I continued to check out my new outfit until I realize that I'm alone. "What happened to Riku?" I wondered before I jumped on top of the balcony rail, "Riku! Hellooo? Rikuuu!" I called out to the empty district, hoping that Riku would be nearby. "Shut it. Talk about noise..." a calm voice rang up, causing me to look around for the source of the voice, only for me to lose my balance and fall. I wasn't hurt, but I brought my hand to my head, wishing that I wasn't stupid enough to stand on that rail. A boy who looked around my age with orange hair and dark blue eyes landed nearby. "Sora, right?" he asked as he approached me, "Yeah, but, uh... how do you know that?" I asked as the boy grabbed my left hand and turn it over to see my palm. "Looks like you're not a Player." He said, "A Player?" I asked, "C'mon, keep up. In the Game." The boy replied as he reveals a timer on his left palm. "Players get marked with the time limit. And this game, I can't afford to lose. I need my Game partner." He explained, but I still didn't get this whole "Game" thing. "Okay... I don't know about any "Game", but can I help?" I asked, surprising him. "What? Time out. Do you trust every total stranger you meet? Look; sorry, you're no good. You're not a Player. And my pact's with someone else." He turned me down, "Okay, so we can't be partners. Why don't I just help you out as your friend?" I asked again. "Now we're friends? It's not that easy." The boy said as he turned his back to me, "Not saying it is, but... you could make it easier." I protested. "Yeah, sounds great. Whatever." The boy replied, "Cool! Lead the way." I said, He then took a running leap at one of the light posts and swung around it. It was so cool! He then leaped to a railing and glided on it, leaping to a rooftop and disappeared behind it. I ran ahead, completely amazed. I laughed, eager to try it out.