0| Prologue

Summer of 2017
Waiting Room

"They should be banned in here." Taehyung got smacked in his head as soon as the words came out of his mouth. "Just let them be," Hoseok said and grabbed a packet of potato chips.

"Hyung, that hurt."

"You know what, I agree with Taehyung on this," Seokjin added while scrolling on his phone frivolously. "Thank you," Taehyung expressed his gratitude and gave Seokjin a high five in the process.

"Don't you get started too, hyung," Jimin laughed. He was genuinely worried if Dami heard it and got uncomfortable.

"Why? I am actually jealous."

The two about whom all of them were talking about, paid no attention to them whatsoever.

"You have a tour coming up." Dami helped Jungkook to get the confetti out of his hair. "I am not going to see you for a while."

Jungkook pursed his lips. "I am sorry." He tilted his head. "Miss me, okay?"

Dami shook her head and gazed elsewhere. "I am going to hang out with other men. Your tour is going to run for a long time." She let out a sigh.

Jungkook knitted his eyebrows together. "Don't you dare meet anyone else during this time."

Dami softly chuckled. "What are you going to do then?" The rest of the boys were chatting among themselves. Dami and Jungkook were not getting bothered by them at all. It seemed as if everything around them stopped.

Jungkook inched closer to Dami and spoke, "Then, I am going to get really very—sad."

Dami was laughing hysterically. Jungkook pulled her into a hug. "We will facetime everyday."

"Promise?" Jungkook sniffed Dami's hair. It always scented like honeydew to him.

He hummed.

Standing on such a huge stage in such a tremendous concert hall was making Jungkook feel overwhelmed. He felt so small among the cheers of thousands of fans around them. Jungkook took his earpieces off. He wanted to listen to the fans clearly.

It seemed that everyone who were present at the concert hall were flying with their the invisible wings. Wings—their second world tour—they had come so far in such a little time.

Do I want anything more than this?

It went completely unnoticed by Jungkook that the manager was constantly signalling Taehyung to come backstage. The members noticed it, however they chose to ignore it until the concert was over.

"You need to calm down!" The manager tried to soothe Taehyung by patting his head. "How can I?" He was in the verge of crying. "You said that I could have still caught up to them if I had listened to you during the concert! What should I do? Will I ever see them again?"

Namjoon massaged his temples. Seeing Taehyung like this was difficult for everyone, more because they knew how much he loved his family.

"Taehyung, they went to abroad just for a few years. I had asked your dad to at least let me know which country they went to but he said that your younger sister had strictly forbidden to them to tell you."

Jungkook turned his head towards their manager at the mention of his girlfriend who was now so far away from him. He did not even know where she had gone.

"She has gone there to study in medical school and she wants no disturbance."

Hearing this, Taehyung broke into tears. Jungkook had turned into a stone. His legs felt heavy. He wanted to seat down but he just could not move. Just then, his phone dinged, notifying him that there was a new text.

Kim Dami | 12:07 AM
Let's break up.