Back home.

[Derealization warning..!!]

Omen wandered his way back home, yawning and laying comfortably in his bed. He stared at the oak ceiling above him. His mind started to slip. The axolotl reached his hands in the air, grasping at the nothingness in front of him.

His breath started to speed up.

He sat up, waving his hands in front of him.

It felt like water. It felt like his hands were gliding through water. But he was above ground.. he frantically glanced through his home with piercing eyes. He had quickly jumped up from his bed, reaching for the wall, tapping on it with loud knocks. Thankfully, it was real. But how was he sure? How could he be sure he wasn't back at the laboratory? That made his heart jolt. He dashed out his front door and ran right into someone, falling back on his ass.

"Jeez, out in suck a hurry? I heard you had just got back."

It was Shady. He was looking over omen, the mask on his face hiding his expression.

"Oh, Shhhady. ..Shady?"

"Stop calling me that. I don't know who that is. You know my name is Ghost."

"...what?"

"I need inside. You've got a stack of dirt I need. Just move."

Omen stared at Ghost, trying to see if he was real or not.

"Are you okay? You've been starting at me for like, five minutes now. I don't like it."

"I uh, I-I-I.. are you real?" He wasn't expecting an answer, just hoping for one.

"W h a t."

"Well?! Are you?!" Omen stood up defensively.

"Uhhhh... yeah, sure. I'm real. Can you move now?"

"You don't sound real."

"Okay? I don't care." Shady stepped inside of omen's home, pushing him out of the way.

Omen just stood there. He was disassociating, and he watched Ghost sift through his belongings. He didn't do anything except for that, and once he found the dirt he wanted, he quickly walked out the door and used his elytra and flew away.
Not even a goodbye.

Omen was put back into his small manic episode, and ran outside to the creek infront of his home. He took his shirt off and threw himself in the water. It was so cold, yet so soothing. It felt like he was brought back to reality.

He closed his eyes and sank into the creek, letting the water wash over him and clean him of his fear. Without thinking, he sank to the bottom of the creek, and just chilled out there. For hours. The sun had began to set on brightsburg, and he drifted to sleep.

He slept.

And slept.

For hours.

And hours.

On end.

He slept.

Days went by.

The others had searched for him.

The soot from the underside of the creek was his blanket.

He was lain comfortably in the earth as the waves of the water rocked him.

He had never been more comforted.

He'd never been so at peace.

He'd never felt so safe.

Ever.