A:- Airplanes

James' POV
Riley didn't tell me she was scared of flying until 5 minutes before we were due to board the plane to Miami for internationals. We were sitting in the departures lounge of the airport when Riley, who had been getting increasingly quiet, came and sat next to me.

"Hey, you okay babe?" I asked her.

"I'm... fine" She replied. I knew something was definitely up. Usually she got annoyed if I called her 'babe'.

"Riley, I know you're lying. You hesitated." I whispered to her.

She looked down and played with her thumb ring.

I grabbed one of her hands and with my other hand I lifted up her chin so she would look at me.

"I'm... scared.. of.... flying.." She stuttered. I understood why she was scared. There had been a lot of planes crashes in the news in the month before internationals.

"Riles, you'll be fine. You're sitting next to me right?" I asked. She nodded. I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I can hold your hand or cuddle you" I winked at her and she giggled. "You'll be fine".

Our flight was called and we made our way to boarding. The longer we waited the more nervous and tense Riley got. I put my arm around her and rubbed her arm slowly.

We got on the plane and made our way to our booked seats. Riley was at the window, with me next to her in the middle and Eldon on my left. We sat down and she grabbed my hand.

"We're going to Miami baby." I told her excitedly. She laughed at how excited I was.

"Hey, maybe you should try and get some sleep when we take off. It might help you relax more." I told her.

"Yeah, good idea." She smiled.

**********************************************************************************

As soon as the pilot switched off the seat belt sign, Riley took her seat belt off and climbed onto my lap.

"Cuddle me?" She asked innocently.

I wrapped my arms around her and rubbed her back slowly. She buried her head in my neck.

"God, can you two get any closer?" West laughed from the row behind us.

"Yeah, it's actually disgusting." Thalia added.

Eldon rolled his eyes. "I don't understand why we paid for two seats if you were just going to do that."

"You're just jealous." I replied chuckling.

"Whatever." He glared at me before he turned away and put his headphones in.

My eyes wandered down to my girlfriend who had fallen asleep in my arms. I smiled to myself before I closed my eyes.

**********************************************************************************

We both woke up when the seat belt signs came back on. Riley sighed and climbed off my lap.

"See that wasn't so bad, was it Riles?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"So are you actually scared of flying or did you just want me to cuddle you?" I laughed.

She giggled and playfully hit my arm.

"Shut up!"