Clarke Griffin- Two Best friends In a tent

Y/n is Clarke's best friend who happens to also be in love with her. Clarke is too selfless and doesn't let herself feel anything other than the guilt of people she killed or the burden of keeping everyone alive. Y/n finally tells Clarke how she feels but will Clarke allow herself to love?_________________________

Y/n POV

"Hey, do you know where Clarke is?" I ask Raven as I open up the flab of her tent.

"Last time I saw her she went on a food run with a couple of boys." Raven says not looking up from her Mechanic device she's working on.

I open the flab back up to leave but Raven stops me. "Wait. You can stay if you want. I need the company so I don't lose my mind." She says slamming her wrench on the table.

I know how Raven gets when she's frustrated when doing mechanic stuff so I don't say anything further but come in and sit next to her so she doesn't hurt herself by accident.

"Ya know, Clarke actually may have went to the woods to get her freaky time on with some guy but I'm not sure." Raven shrugs.

"What?" I snap my head to her.

"Who was it?"

"Did you see the guy she was with?"

"Which way did they go?" I ask standing up about to head out of the tent.

I hear a snicker and look behind me to see Raven smiling at me. "It's not funny!" I huff.

"It is to see you jealous." Raven says.

"I see the way you look at her and talk about her. I won't tell anyone." She says smirking.

"So tell me about her." Raven says turning to me.

I break out a smile that I can't hold back. I think about all the things I love about her. "Her eyes... they're so hypnotizing. When you're just staring into them and they're so blue and immediately enchanting." I see Raven's eyes move away from me and to the tent door but don't think anything of it. "Clarke's so selfless, which is one of the many things I love about her... but I also wish she would think about herself sometimes too." I take a deep breath and let it out. "She's just so special Raven and I'm so in love with her, it feels like I can't breathe sometimes."

Raven is just staring blank at me like she's seen a ghost. "Okay, I know Raven, she'll never feel the same way but you don't have to look at me like that!" I whine pouting.

"Y/n, look behind you." Raven says lowering her head in her hands.

I look behind me and see Clarke staring at me in a state of shock. "Fuck!" I whispered to myself.

I sit there awkwardly not knowing what to do at that moment. "I think I'm gonna go." Raven says and pats my back, "Good luck." She whispers.

Clarke walks in and sits on the other side of the bed facing me. "H-how much did you hear?" I ask dreading her answer already.

"What did I not hear is the question?" She lightly laughs to herself. Her eyes meet mine and a blank expression I can't read crosses her face.

"Do you really mean all that?" She asks referring to my rant about her.

"Well yeah, why would I lie?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows.

"Y/n, I love you but... I cant." She says gesturing her hands between us.

"Yes, you can." I say nodding my head. "I know you think you're the key to our survival, but that's not true. Clarke, we don't need you to survive. What we need is to be reminded we're human, to be reminded that we're not animals that kill for fun. If we lose our humanity, then what? We'll turn against our own people?" I say.

Clarke stays silent as she looks down. "Clarke you know I'm right." I begin to say before she looks up and locks eyes with me. She launches forward and slams her lips against mine causing a moan to come from the back of my throat. My lower stomach begins to burn at the way she's kissing me.

I've never been kissed like this in my life.

When I need to breathe, I break the kiss and touch my finger to my lips. I've only dreamed of kissing my best friend but never in a million years did I ever think it would actually happen.

I look up to meet Clarke's eyes and she's already looking at me smiling. "I want to give this a try." She motions between us.

"But y/n...I haven't dated anyone since Finn and now he's dead. I sometimes feel like everyone I touch, I'm bound to destroy. You're too precious for this world...for me. It would kill me if something happened to you." Clarke says with her eyes glossy. "Promise me you'll be okay."

"Clarke...you know that's a promise I can't make. But I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to keep myself alive. We can protect each other okay? Always." I say assuring her that I'm not going anywhere.

Clarke nods through a smile and hugs me tight, kissing me one more time. Then we make our way out of the tent holding hands.