Jimmy nodded, wrapping Scott's thin hair tie around the tail of the braid. He took a moment to look at it before grimacing. "I'm... terrible at doing hair," he sighed, earning a laugh from Scott.

"I'm sure it looks fine," Scott said as he ran a hand down the messy braid. "Hold on, I'm gonna go look at it." He got up from the bed to go into the bathroom, pulling out the camera on his phone. He held the phone up to see the reflection of his hair, laughing as he did so.

Jimmy flopped onto his back as he groaned. "I know it's bad, but you don't have to laugh," he whined.

Scott giggled as he came back into the room. "It's wonderful, Jimmy," he said, sitting back down. "I..." - he paused to yawn - "I think it's cu- nice. I think it's nice."

Jimmy nodded awkwardly. "Are you tired?"

"...A little," Scott admitted hesitantly.

Jimmy stood up. "I have things I can let you borrow as night clothes, if you want," he offered, making his way toward his closet.

Scott shook his head in response. "That's alright, I can just sleep in these clothes."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

*   *   *

Scott jolted awake, clinging to Jimmy's shirt like it was a lifeline. Did he have a nightmare? He didn't remember having one, but it felt like there was something eating at him in the back of his mind. Taking a shaky breath, he sat up, careful to not wake Jimmy.

He made his way downstairs in an attempt to get a glass of water, but stopped when he saw that the kitchen was dimly lit. Peeking in, he saw Grian standing over the sink with the water running.

"Grian?" Scott said hoarsely, and Grian jumped, turning to face Scott with a terrified expression.

"O-oh, uh..." Grian looked away, hiding both of his hands behind his back. "Hey, Scott."

Scott stepped closer. "Hey," he said back softly. He glanced at the clock on the stove. Huh, it's not even midnight yet.

"What are you doing down here?" Grian asked, shifting uncomfortably. "Shouldn't you be asleep?"

Scott laughed quietly. "I could ask you the same."

Grian sighed. "What I'm doing is none of your-" The sound of metal against tile rang through the room, and Scott's eyes were drawn downward when something fell onto the ground. Gasping, Grian shuffled to hide it behind his feet.

"What was that?" Scott asked, coming closer again to lean his hip against the island counter.

"Nothing," Grian said frantically. He cleared his throat and spoke a little slower this time, "It's- it's nothing. You sh-should go back to bed."

Scott sighed. "I just need a glass of water," he said. "You know where the cups are?"

Grian nodded. "They're in the cupboard to the right of the oven," he said, not moving from his spot.

"Thanks." Scott moved around the counter, reaching up to the cupboard. He glanced over at Grian, who bent over to pick up what he'd dropped. "Oh my God, is that a kn-"