He's so close... If I could only get a tiny bit nearer-

Before I can even finish my thought, Scott lets go of one of my hands to craddle my cheek and pulls me in for a kiss.

It feels like there's a whirlwind in my stomach as our lips brush against each other's, and I can hardly think straight as he lets go of my other hand to gently hold my face while he deepens the kiss. My eyes flutter shut and the whole world around us fades away.

It's just me and Scott.

When I pull away for air, Scott isn't there anymore. I'm not in the diner and there's no light. I'm...

"...in my room?" Jimmy murmured, slightly confused. "But-" Where's-

The alarm clock on Jimmy's side table began to blare it's godawful beeping, causing the boy further disorientation.

Where's Scott? Why is it so dark? What time is it? When did I get home? How did I get home? Where's- Oh.

Suddenly, the realization that everything had just been a dream hit, and it hit hard.

None of it was real...

Shaking himself, Jimmy reached over to shut off his alarm clock. It was only a little after five in the morning - the normal time he'd get up for school. He threw the blankets off of himself and tossed his feet over the edge of his bed before sliding into his slippers and padding over to the bathroom. He turned on the water and let it run for a minute while he thought back to his dream.

Why did it have to feel so real?

Sighing, he lowered himself toward the bowl of the sink, taking water into his hands and splashing it on his face. It felt nice considering how warm he was. He took a good look at himself in the mirror before he shut off the water and left the bathroom.

Considering it was the weekend, Jimmy let himself sleep in and set his alarm for nine thirty.

That should be enough time for me to get ready by eleven, right?

He wasn't able to think any further about it as he almost immediately began to drift back off to sleep when his head hit the pillows. It wasn't even five minutes later that he was out cold again, sprawled out in an awkward position as he slumbered.

He didn't dream this time, he simply fell asleep and woke up four hours later more refreshed than before.

Jimmy had initially put on a denim flanel over a white T-shirt and black jeans, but Lizzie told him to change into something that "doesn't look like a forty-year-old man would wear it." So, he swapped the flanel out for Daniel's old letterman jacket that he gave to Jimmy as a gift on his fifteenth birthday.

"That's... a bit better, I guess," Lizzie said, though her face didn't show it. "Did you brush your hair?"

Jimmy blinked. "Uh, yeah-"

Lizzie snorted. "Jim, you've got a cowlick," she interrupted, stepping closer to Jimmy to mess around with his hair, which he responded to by whining and trying to swatt her away.

"Lizzie-"

"You're going to look ridiculous," she said, laughing, sighing as she backed away. "Hold on, I'm gonna go get my hairspray." She didn't wait for a response before she started down the hall. "Wait there!"

Jimmy gasped and started chasing after her. "You are not putting your yucky hairspray on my head!" he complained as he stumbled up the stairs behind his sister.

Lizzie giggled. "Oh, yes, I am!"

"Nooooo!!"

Confused by all the noise, Grian opened the door to his room and peeped out, shrugging and going back inside when he couldn't spot neither Lizzie nor Jimmy in the hall. A few moments of quiet passed before Grian could hear Jimmy shouting and whining again. Groaning, Grian left the room and went upstairs.