He shrugged "it's fine it's not your fault" he told you, his voice cracking whilst a few tears fell down his cheeks.

You pulled him into a hug and he buried his head into your neck. His quiet sobs filling the room making the situation even worse.

"I should of known j. I should of come sooner" you told him, rubbing his back.

He looked up at you seeing your eyes slightly filling with tears, his hands cupped your cheeks.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for what my dad did. It's not your fault" he reassured you, using his thumb to rub your tear from your cheek.

As he spoke to you you scanned his face that was bruised and cut. JJ's hands were slightly shaking as he supported your face. You pulled him in for another hug and he willingly accepted it.

"Can we go now? I hate you being here" He asked you, speaking against your chest.

"Yeah the pogues will be excited to see you" you told him helping him to his feet.

You began walking towards the door, "y/n" he spoke softly.

You turned around to look at him, he walked over to you and crashed your lips together.

The kiss was slow but meaningful, you had missed JJ's lips on yours since the day he had left. Jj pulled away after a couple of seconds and smiled at you.

"Let's go now" he told you.

Before the two of you could leave you heard noises from behind you. The two of you spun around to see JJ's dad luke sat up on the couch opening another beer bottle.

Jj stepped in front of you shielding you from his dad. You stared at luke disappointed in the person he was.

"Why is she here?" He asked pointing a finger at you. Jj turned his head to look at you and quickly looked back at his dad.

"She just came to um.. collect me" he told him.

he threw his beer bottle on the floor in a rage. The bottle smashing and the liquid going onto the floor.

"SHES NOT WELCOME HERE!" He yelled picking up a bit of broken glass.

He pointed it at jj threatening him.

"If you two don't get out of my house right now I'll hurt you. Especially you" he demanded stepping closer and pointing the bottle at you.

Jj pushed you out of the door, but he didn't follow you behind.

"Jj come on" you told him trying to pull him out of the door.

He shook his head "I'll be right back. Just wait in the car for me. I'll be two minutes I promise"

You stood there speechless. you couldnt let jj stay in there with his father again not after what happened last time. 

"no im not leaving without" you told him tears filling your eyes.

jj turned around to see his fathers face turning into more of an angry frown. he turned around to look at you again fear filling his teary eyes.