Bobby Pin

"It's early! They can't come yet!" Emma cried as she laid in the hospital bed with what feels like 50 nurses moving around her.

Ruby rubbed the back of her hand, "it's ok Em. And if we needed anymore proof these were your kids and not some random embryo this is it, they don't listen just like you."

The blond squeezed her hand as another contraction waved over her, "GO...TO.....FUUUUCK....HELL!"

"You want me to fuck hell? Not exactly sure how to fuck a place but for you my friend I'll learn."

The nurse checking Emma's vitals snickered, "typically loved ones try and make peace with the person giving birth. Not antagonize them."

"Glad to see I'm special," Ruby said flipping her red highlights over her shoulder.

Emma grimaced in pain, "a... special pain in my left tit... is what you are."

"You cut me deep Em, you cut me real deep."

The nurse placed a cold rag on the blonde's head as she laughed at the two best friends' interaction, "contractions are getting closer. I'm going to check your dilation then page the doctor."

As the nurse stepped outside, Emma turned her head to Ruby's as much as she could, "where's Regina?"

"She wasn't answering her phone so Belle went to the school," Ruby said using the washcloth to wipe the sweat off Emma's forehead.

Green eyes were getting glassy as she bit her lip in worry.

"Don't worry Em she'll make it. If not I'll kick her ass with her own stilettos on," she said doing a dramatic kick in the air getting a laugh out of the blonde.

"I thought I was bringing 4 lives into the world not witnessing a soccer game," the doctor joked.

"What can I say doc, with me being... GODDAMMIT... one of... your patients.... you'll find so many surprises."

Dr. Crenshaw laughed. "Now Emma, I'm going to use the ultrasound to look at the positioning of the babies to figure out the best course of action for delivery. Especially because you are only 29 weeks."

"What do you mean best course of action? Don't I just lay here, push, and let them tear me in two? You think something can happen to them if I deliver normally?" the blonde began, the heart rate monitor began to show her accelerated heart rate.

Ruby looked at the increasing numbers, she didn't need a medical degree to see that at the moment that was not good for her or the babies.

"Emma, Emma," she called out getting the blonde's attention. "Do you remember in 10th grade when we snuck out to go to a party?"

"Wh-what? Ruby what does that have to do anything?" Emma asked looking between the equally confused doctor and her best friend.

"Just answer the question you great big whale."

The blonde glared at her friend. Or enemy. Both fit at the moment in her eyes. "Yes."

"Well, we were gonna climb the tree and enter through the window that we left open. But you were too drunk to climb anything-"

"If I remember... SHIT FUCK... correctly you were too...drunk and wore heels that night like.... a dumb ass," Emma said with gritted teeth.

"Doesn't matter who was drunk. But I had a bobby-pin and you used it to pick the lock and open the door. That's what this is. The doctor is just providing us with an emergency bobby pin to get the same results."

"I don't know if it's the pain or what but that made sense to me. Am I high?" Emma asked the doctor.

She laughed and applied the gel to the expecting mother's stomach. "No Miss Swan you're not high, your friend here is just very smart."

The brunette gave Emma a cocky smirk while the blonde stuck her tongue out at her.

"Ok, Emma so from what I see here, baby A is spread all the way out blocking the vaginal canal for themselves and the rest of the kids to get through. So we can wait for you to get fully dilated and see if they'll move positions, or we can proceed with a c-section."

"Baby A just doesn't want my godbabies to be great. A isn't even born yet, and is already ruining my fun." Ruby pouted.

The other people in the room ignored the feisty woman, particularly Emma who was wondering what was the best idea. She didn't have Regina here at the moment to talk this through with. 'Where is she anyway? Little bastard gets me knocked up with not 1 but 4 of these gremlins and she's not here to have me curse her out! Not the time Emma. If I wait, Regina may get here in time. But what if the position of A doesn't change, and it will be too late for a c-section. Can it ever be too late for a c-section? If we do the c-section, I'll see my babies faster. And no tears on my vagina. But a scar. And no bikinis. Just answer the doctor Emma you look stupid and those kids are killing me.'

"I'll do the c-section."