Ch. 36

Hermione's POV

The six of us landed in front of Ramsay's shortly after and Narcissa led us inside. The maître d' lit up when he saw the six of us, and especially when he realized who was at the front of the group.

"Mrs. Malfoy! Such a pleasure to see you again!" He said excitedly, straightening up behind his stand.

We stopped in front of the stand and Narcissa smiled. "Good evening, Martin! Would you happen to have a table for six on available on the rooftop?"

"For you, absolutely!" He motioned for one of the servers to come to him and he quickly said something quietly before the server disapparated and he looked back towards us. "If you give us just a few moments, your table will be ready very shortly!"

"Thank you, Martin!"

He nodded with a smile and we stepped away to allow for others to approach the stand. There was a sudden muted yell from the kitchen, something having to do with octopus and we tried not to laugh too loudly.

"I suppose the chef is in tonight," Pansy snickered, grinning as she looked into the restaurant.

"Well, the food will be wonderful at least," Narcissa replied, smiling as well.

It was maybe a minute or two later when Martin approached us and gestured for us to follow him through the restaurant. When we had arrived on the rooftop, we were led to a table set up right next to the railing that allowed us a beautiful view of the surrounding area. Even though there were six of us, the table still felt somewhat large; I sat at one of the ends while Narcissa sat on my right and Ginny on my left. Jenn sat next to Ginny as Pansy took the chair next to Narcissa, and Lavender took the last seat sitting opposite of me.

"Martin, did you upgrade your fine china?" Narcissa asked as he pulled the chair out for her.

"Only the best for one of our favorite patrons," Martin answered warmly, pushing her in gently after she sat down and then looking around at the rest of us. "Would I be correct in assuming that we are celebrating something this evening?"

"Yes!" Narcissa reached over to squeeze my hand as she said, "My future daughter-in-law's hen party!"

Martin then smiled widely at me and gave a slight bow. "Ahh, yes! Miss Granger and Mister Malfoy are also frequent patrons here! Congratulations again, Miss Granger."

"Thank you, Martin," I smiled happily.

He then looked back to Narcissa and said, "I will have two of our finest bottles of wine sent up, on the house!"

My eyebrows shot up and I quickly said, "Oh, that's very generous but that's not—"

"Martin, at least let me pay for one," Narcissa interrupted, though the smile on her face told me that she wasn't going to fight the offer very much.

"Nonsense, I insist!" He waved us off and walked away before I could continue arguing and I sighed, looking over at Narcissa.

"I'm going to pay you back eventually for those," I said in a playfully firm voice.

She laughed and shook her head, and moments later two bottles appeared on the table. I saw Ginny, Jenn, and Lavender all jump out of the corner of my eye and I laughed slightly. The memory of mine and Draco's first date here suddenly popped into my head and I smiled, leaning back in my chair as I looked around.

"Everything alright, 'Mione?" Ginny asked as she and Pansy opened the bottle of red.

"Yeah!" I smiled and shrugged. "Just remembering my first date with Draco; it was actually here."