Chapter 2: Slow pace chase

Start from the beginning

Christophe: "What? She stole your heart or something?"

Subaru: "I'm not saying it like that! I'm not a pervert!"

Putting his fist in front of him, Subaru replies back, visibly offended by what Christophe said. His reaction was typically what you would see in an anime when someone tries to defend themselves.

Christophe: "Heh, whatever rocks your boat, I guess. Anyway, here, hop in. I'm in a good enough mood to help someone."

Christophe opens the passenger door as he says that. Subaru looks a bit confused and asks a question.

Subaru: "You're gonna trust me just like that?"

Christophe: "What? I mean, we are two people from Earth in an unknown world. Wouldn't that be enough to help each other?"

Walking around the front of the car, Subaru climbs in the passenger seat and closes the door.

Subaru: "I guess you're right. Well, that girl seems to have headed this way. It would have been rather difficult for me to find her on foot. Besides- Oh, wait! There she is! On the rooftops!"

Pointing in a direction in front of the car, Christophe tries to follow where Subaru has pointed. Seeing a girl running on the rooftops and jumping with high agility, one thing strikes Christophe.

Christophe: "Really?! You're chasing a child?!"

Subaru: "I told you, it's not like that! She really stole something important! And it's not my heart! I'm not a lolimancer!"

Not wanting to argue further with Subaru, Christophe sighs.

Christophe: "I hope I won't regret my actions..."

Christophe: "Well, if you want me to catch her, I suggest you cover your ears for a couple of seconds."

Subaru: "Huh? Why?"

Suddenly mashing the throttle, the engine revs up to the redline, 7500rpm, suddenly screaming, enough to make all ground dragons stop in fear for a short moment.

Subaru: "HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS LOUD!"

Surprised, startled and having his ears hurt, Subaru shouts to be able to hear himself, even though the engine sound quickly returned back to a more reasonable level.

Christophe: "No need to shout, I heard you loud and clear."

Slowly moving to avoid causing a panic with the dragons, Christophe finally is able to rejoin the road and follows the traffic that resumes normally, not counting the stressed dragon that follows his car. Poor beast.

____________________________________________________________

While driving, Christophe and Subaru were chatting a little bit, mostly to get to know each other a bit better.

Subaru: "Say, Chris, how did you come here?"

Christophe: "Well, I got literally harassed by a woman asking me to "help and save her beloved". She almost killed us and I finally accepted."

Subaru looks a bit confused. Letting his curiosity get the better of him, he asks his question.

Subaru: "Almost killed you? What happened?"

Christophe: "I was headed to a hospital to have me examined. I thought I was going crazy when I heard her voice while taking a pick-me-up. Turned out that I was not crazy at all."

Subaru: "A "pick-me-up"? What did you do to need one?"

Hesitating, Christophe takes a slight pause before answering.