"are you guys leaving already?" yuta questioned.

"yeah, i have to wake up early tomorrow," taeyong mumbled.

"and i have to drive to see my family in the morning," dongyoung spoke. "here's your coat."

they all said their goodbyes before parting ways at the door.

"so what do you think of them?" he asked her as they went to his car.

"i think they're good guys."

"they can be."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

hyerin wasn't very excited walking through the hallways the next morning knowing that when donghyuck saw her then he'd definitely have a thing or two to say.

and she was right when she saw him walking towards her.

"why were you with them last night?"

"oh, i'm sorry, i didn't know it was a crime for your friends to have other friends not just you." she rolled her eyes.

he crossed his arms. "you didn't answer my question."

"dongyoung invited me to go with them. there, are you happy? or do you want to know what we ate? perhaps what time i went to the bathroom and how many i went in the time we were there?"

"it's fine. i don't need that much detail," he murmured.

she just looked at him but he wasn't meeting her eyes so she walked past him, colliding with his shoulder on purpose but continuing her walk.

after lunch when they had to work on their project, they each sat in their own seats as the others all worked in their given pairs, including jaemin.

"why aren't you working with donghyuck?" the teacher asked when he noticed they weren't together. "donghyuck, go sit with her."

"i don't want to."

the teacher gave him a look with raised eyebrows before he leaned forward with his hands on the front desk. "if you guys don't work together for this project i will give both of you a failing grade automatically."

that was the last thing hyerin wanted so, grudgingly, she picked up her bag and books and walked over to donghyuck's desk sitting in front of him and slamming her books down onto his desk.

"show me what you've done so far," she ordered.

it seemed they were capable of working in each other's presence for more than twenty minutes without throwing an insult but that was probably because their teacher was keeping a close eye on them.

"i've got an idea," she mumbled at the end of the class.

donghyuck stopped packing his stuff up to hear her.

"since we obviously don't want to work with each other, we could do the work together but separately. you tell me what you've done then i take it from there and then i tell you what i've done so you know. but we'll still sit with each other so our teacher doesn't shout at us again. what do you think?"