10 | Going Off Script

Start from the beginning

"I see." She nodded slowly. "Spencer, can I ask you a question?"

"Uh sure."

"Do you have feelings for Y/N L/N?"

Spencer's foot tapping quickened. "I-I sort of have to."

"Not Spencer Perrier...Spencer Reid, are you in love with Y/N L/N?"

The boy inhaled sharply. "I think so."

A small spread across Penelope's face. "Then go tell her you wanted that stupid kiss and go get it!"

"You think that would just...work?"

"Yes, the sexual tension has been strangling me."

Spencer tilted his head, brows knit together.

"Don't mind me, go find her."

"W-Well—"

"Go!"

"Why did you call me?" You approached the park bench Spencer sat on. "I don't have another action scene for another week—"

"It's not about your movie."

You swallowed. "I have no promotions involving a boyfriend either."

"It's not that." He looked straight ahead.

"What is this about..?" You gingerly sat down.

"The car."

"What about it?"

Spencer looked at you. "Did you want to kiss me?"

Your eyes widened. "You're forward."

"I don't like to over complicated things."

"Isn't that a little far gone for us?" You smiled slightly.

"Did you?"

Your mouth was open, but words didn't seem to fall out.

"Fine, then I'll tell you." Spencer inhaled sharply. "I wanted to kiss you. For real."

You had chills on your arms despite the humid air surrounding you both.

"And I don't know how good of an actor you are because I don't really watch movies that often, but I don't think what I felt with...you was exactly pretend." Spencer tapped his knees with his hands. "This sounds so ridiculous but I—"

"Stop!" You stood up abruptly, taking a few breaths. "I-I mean...stop. Yes."

"Y/N—"

"Miss L/N," you said sharply. "Dr. Reid, this was merely an arrangement for my own gain, I'm not sure how this even came to be!"

"I don't think that's the truth." He moved closer to you.

You stepped backward. "It is, Dr. Reid. I am very grateful for your help, but...look at my life. Now look at yours. Did you think for a second that your crazy unsub catching schedule and my goddamn global superstar schedule would even allow a vague remnant of a relationship?!"

Spencer blinked a few times. "Well, I—"

"It would never work, Spe—Dr. Reid. Even if I did like you, which I do not!" Your lip quivered, your throat burning. "I have to go."

"Y/N—Miss L/N!"

You kept walking, not wanting to turn around so Spencer wouldn't see the tears running down your cheeks.

You stood on your brother's doorstep, tears clouding your vision.

"Y/N?"

"Josh," you choked, wrapping your arms around him.

"What happened?"

You buried your face in his shoulder. "Spencer."

"What?"

"It was all fake?"

You nodded. "Every part of it, but I...I think I like the actual Spencer."

Josh leaned back in his chair. "Your life would never allow it."

"I know, I...my life would never allow anything, would it?"

"Come on, Y/N. This life has done so much for you and this family."

"I never even wanted it," you whispered.

"That isn't the truth, and you know it."

"It is, Josh!"

"Y/N, acting was your dream."

"Acting was your dream for me! I don't even know why you were so persistent with that dumb audition, I was perfectly happy at the preschool."

"Teaching little kids to use computers was a waste of your talent," he fired back.

"It made me happy, Josh!"

"But it didn't make you money!"

You blinked a few times. "What?"

"Y/N, I just mean...I want a comfortable life for you, and that job wouldn't do it."

You shook your head. "Do you want a comfortable life for me or for you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Monthly payments, always pressuring me to take on jobs...Josh, it's like you put me in this life, so you could have what you wanted."

"That's ridiculous, Y/N! I did all of this because I love you and want what's best for you."

"Justin and Jacob have never done that."

"Justin and Jacob are your step brothers, Y/N. They don't care about you the way I do." Josh rubbed your arm. "You mean everything to me, and that's why I got you into this job."

You wiped your eyes. "Spencer means a lot to me now too."

"Spencer will only drag you down."

You pushed his arm off. "You don't know anything."

"I know that you need me, not him."

"I need to leave," you mumbled, grabbing your bag.

"You know I'm right!" Josh ran to catch up to you.

"Leave me alone!"

"Y/N—"

"I need time to think!" You slammed the door behind you, collapsing on the curb and burying your face in your knees.

hey guys it's been a good while but look it's me lolzzzzzz