First Met The Boy

My alarm went off to signal the start of my daily routine to get to school. Naturally my best friend showed up to walk to school together but apparently, she had other plans for today. "So today instead of going to school we are going on a hunt at the mall!" I just sigh and shake my head. "Piper you know if we miss anymore days the Council will come for our heads." At the slight mention of the Council both girls shuddered as if a sudden chill crept into their bones. "Hmm fine to school we go. I hate it when you are so logical. Lead the way then Madame Fox," Piper said faking a sarcastic bow. Sahara just rolled her eyes as she dragged Piper out the door to school. The school day flew by as was normal. "Ugh that took forever can we please now go to the mall??" Piper asked with feigned annoyance. "Yes, we can now go get snack and dinner. Geez you are so impatient nowadays. Lead the way Lady Shadows." We made it to the mall and as we stalked the food court, that was when I saw him. By his scent alone I could tell that he was human. Piper started snapping her fingers in front of my face as I zoned out. She looked in the direction I was staring and then smirked.

 "A human has your attention huh? Well go get him as a snack just don't do anything stupid because remember the Big Guys are always watching. Now go on, live a  little." Piper chuckled at her own little pun. Sahara sighed and could not find any fault in Piper's logic. As a vampire who was pretty out there, Piper's advice usually spot on for what was needed. Still she couldn't help but feel as if it was wrong to even try. "Wait...you do not hesitate unless...did you develop a crush on that guy already? Well just go talk to him. What is the worst that can happen, you fall in love?"  Sahara smiled and quickly tried to make sure she seemed presentable before going over to the guy's table. Piper sighed dramatically before following behind her saying, "You are drop dead gorgeous now stop stalling and move it!"

   Piper gave a small push which caused Sahara to give a small yelp which in turn causes a small blush. The boy looked up and smiled softly. "Well hi there, anything I can help you with?" Sahara blushed harder than was thought for an undead girl. "I....I just wanted to come over and say I thought you were cute and um hi. Oh my name is Sahara...what is yours?" The boy had gotten a light blush and chuckled. "Well gorgeous my name is Brendan. Its always a pleasure to meet a new face." For the next few hours the two jut at there and spoke about everything and nothing. Eventually Piper took notice of the time and quickly butted in. "I am so sorry to steal you away from your yummy date but we have a curfew and its cutting it close." Brendan looked up at Piper and paled slightly as he realized what the implication of a curfew meant. "You guys are vampires?"