𝟎𝟑: 𝐈 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐙𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 . . . 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐃

𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑: 𝐈 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐑𝐨 𝐫𝐲.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that, I woke up. I pushed myself on my elbows and glanced at my digital clock. The time was five forty-five . . . PM ?!

What the Hades?! How did I sleep for this long? I thought this would be one of those situations when I'd see things happen that makes it feel like hours have passed but in reality, it would only be a few minutes or something ! Universe, you've done me dirty. 

"Aunt Strauss?" I called out. She must've been back from her court meeting and found me asleep. I wonder how long it's been since she's come back.

Wait, didn't I have a book with me?

The second I fell out of bed, Justice Strauss had come into my room. Assuming my limbs were stiff or still asleep, she tried to make me go back to bed.

"Rory, you might be ill," she tried to reason. "When I found you, you were burning up. Thankfully, it wasn't serious. I need you to rest a little more, dear."

Not to self: side effects of sleep-teleporting is rise in temperature. Good to know.

"But my book!" I protested. I will admit I sounded a little like a whiny kid, but hey, I was still twelve and I had a right to. Besides, it was my favorite Percy Jackson book: Battle of the Labyrinth.

She pulled it out of my nightstand drawer and handed it to me. "You can read for one hour, but then, you have to rest."

I grumbled a "sure" and buried my face into the pages. My frown lines decreased as I continued off the page I'd been on. My books had little side notes of some things I wanted to remind myself. Certain parts that were significant , like the foreshadowing an such. 

I would have liked to say that one hour went by too fast, but I don't think I even lasted five minutes before I fell back against the pillows, conked out completely. 

I slept fine this time, thankfully. It would've been unbearably annoying if I wouldn't be able to sleep without unconsciously traveling somewhere with my subconscious like the Kanes or demigods. If this was how they felt after these weird spiritual travel, I really felt them. 

I hummed Good Kid to myself as flopped my arms around because I was bored and my legs had already fallen asleep:

I never try to do anything

I never mean to hurt anyone

I try, I try to be a good kid

A good kid

A good son

But no ever will take my side

All I ever do is take the fall

I swear, I swear that I'm a good kid

Guess I'm good for nothing at all

I swear, the first time I listened to this song, I pretty much cried. It was really so incredibly sad who Percy basically had no one in his life to tell him he was an amazing child who never gave up other than Sally, and even then, he never saw her as much as he wanted to.