Courtney sighs, "Megan races." She answers.

"What? What do you mean?"

"Car racing, she says races make her calm down and get her mind straight." Lily takes over and says.

"But she stopped, since she's met you she hasn't been to a single race." Harper adds.

I don't know what to say so I just nod and stay quiet. Racing? Is that even legal? I look closely at the cars now and I can see Megan's car but the plate number is covered up.

"Why is the plate number covered up?" I ask.

"She doesn't want people to know who she is." Lily answers.

Before anyone else can say anything a guy starts announcing that the race is starting. Slowly people start getting out and going towards their car. I look closely to find Megan and the second I do my eyes start to water.

She's changed to black pants and she's wearing a cap that covers her face but when she moves to get in her car I see the band-aid that she has on her lip.

"This never gets any easier does it?" Harper questions.

"You guys have seen her race before?" I ask and they nod.

"I'm scared." Lily says which causes Courtney to grab her hand and Harper grabs mine.

I feel like my heart is in my throat. Why is she doing something that is this dangerous. If one thing goes wrong she can literally die.

There is lights in front of the cars like traffic lights and when it moves to yellow I hold my breath. The second it hits green all the cars start speeding and Harper squeezes my hand hard.

It looks like the pathway is around the mountain. We can't really see anything so they have a big TV to show where each car is.

"I am going to fucking kill her." Courtney mumbles.

I watch the TV and it looks like Megan is in second place. There's a car right behind her and the car goes next to Megan's car and pushes her car with his.

Megan drifts to the left which makes me squeeze the life out of Harpers hand but she's also squeezing just as hard.

There is a turn coming up and both cars are next to each other. Megan is not gonna be able to turn if the car stays there.

I'm gonna throw up.

The second they get to the turn it looks like Megan slows her car down and gets behind the car so now she's in third.

Right after the turn though she speeds up and moves past the car and the car is unable to catch up.

I can see them coming towards the finish line. She's right behind the first car. I didn't think her car could go any faster but she's able to get next to first car and right before the finish line speed past it.

The crowd start cheering loudly. Courtney is still cursing under her breath. I see Megan getting out of her car and a guy hands her an envelope.

Courtney speed walks down with the three of us right behind her. She moves past the cheering crowd and goes to a guy which seems to recognize her.

She talks to him and he points to a door and opens the fence door for us to go in. Courtney takes us towards the door and when we open it Megan is there but she's looking down.

She's in a sport bra putting on a different shirt and my eyes catch a glimpse of what looks like to be a tattoo on her left rib but she quickly puts the shirt on and looks up.

To say she looks horrified would be an understatement. Courtney doesn't say anything but walks up to her and slaps her. Hard.

"Ouch what the fuck Courtney that actually hurt."

Before Courtney can say something Harper pushes her out of the way and also slaps Megan across the face which makes Lily do the same.

Her cheek is red and you can clearly see hand prints.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Harper yells and slightly pushes Megan.

"It's not any of your business so stop being so involved in what I do." Megan says and raises her voice. She looks mad.

I've never seen her mad she's always so calm and collected.

"You said you stopped." Courtney also yells and steps closer to Megan.

"Why are you getting so fucking close to me, get the fuck out of here it's my fucking life." Megan says. I don't think she's realized I'm also here.

I hear another slap and look to see Lily has slapped her again.

"What the actual fuck stop slapping me." Megan says.

"Why are you guys always so involved in my shity life. It's my fucking life I can choose to do whatever I want with it and I messed up the only good thing in it." Megan mumbles the last part and you can see she's even more mad now.

"We care about you dumbass." Harper yells at her and also steps close.

"How did you know I was here anyways?" Megan says and puts her hand up so Harper can take a step back but she doesn't.

The three of them turn around and look at me which makes Megan look towards me. Her eyes soften but she still looks angry.

"Why the fuck did you bring her here?" Megan mumbles angry towards her three best friends.

"Stop cursing so much you look dumb." Harper says.

I don't even have a chance to say anything Megan slightly pushes Courtney and Harper out the way and storms out the door.

"Meet us by Harpers car asshole." Lily yells right before Megan goes out the door.

This is going to be a long night.